Application deadline: 26 May 2022
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Contract type: Fixed term P4
- * Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager or designated officer and within delegated authority, the incumbent will directly report to the Business Analytics Lead and work with UNSOS teams and will be required to perform the following duties.
Summary of key functions and duties:
- Project Planning and Management
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Training and Technical Support
1. Project Planning and Management
- Lead the implementation of Microsoft Azure Cloud Technology to improve and automate the data transformation processes and improve control of BI related processes.
- Manage day to day operations and additional front loading preparatory technical and business process re-engineering and integration;
- Coordinate and lead business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives;
- Lead the planning, execution and monitoring of Project Management activities;
- Work as UNOPS focal point on the ground;
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting times and efforts invested on the assigned tasks;
2. Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Lead a team of BI staff in the development of recommendations based on data analysis, independent root cause analysis conducted with key stakeholders/business process owners. Produce timely and actionable information which helps drive business results and guide decision making processes. Devise and promote effective analytic models and creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence;
- Provide advice to the Chief of Section and other stakeholders on matter related to Business Intelligence and Business Analytics;
- Provide leadership in developing, deploying, and managing mission support management’s data collection and analytics-based reporting solutions to provide actionable intelligence to mission senior management team and to mission support unit and section chiefs;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership support to the implementation of BI strategy and roadmap for implementing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence capability to include elements such as the delivery of standard and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and trending based on an increased collection and cleansing method for mission support and mandate implementation data;
- Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars’ Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision;
- Contribute to the development of business rules, guidelines, standard operating procedures and formulate user requirements for IT systems in support of materials management and supply chain activities;
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders and process owners to define specific business requirements for the end-to-end Supply Chain performance management. Development and promulgate of Business Intelligence Guidance and Procedures and monitor compliance. Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the area of Supply Chain Performance Management;
- Provide technical SAP and Power BI expertise to establishing and modernizing the Mission’s Business Intelligence and analytics strategy and operating model;
3. Training and Technical Support
- Assess Business Intelligence (BI) training needs; identify, design and coordinate the delivery of BI training programs to staff at all levels;
- Provide end user training and documentation, as required;
- Lead the creation of technical documentation;
4. Perform other tasks and responsibilities relevant to the scope of work as assigned.
IMPACT OF RESULTS
The expected impact will be an enhanced, efficient solutions as part of overall data strategy and other related BI deliverables for UNSOS.
● Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Management Sciences, Business Administration or in a field related to the post description.
● A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a field related to the post description with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
● Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in any of the following areas: business intelligence, analytics, management, business process reengineering or ICT areas;
● Minimum 2 years of working experience with SAP or any other Enterprise Resource Planning tool;
● Minimum 2 years of experience in the delivery of Business Intelligence solutions using Power BI, SAP BI, Tableau or any other modern analytic tools.
● PRINCE 2 foundation certification;
● Experience in defining and documenting system requirements;
● Experience in multinational working environment;
● Experience in organizing and delivering training in the area of business intelligence.
● For this job opening, fluency in English (speak, write, read) is required.
● Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to apply
The interested candidates need to submit their application on or before 26 May 2022 through our job portal following link below. Please find more information on how to apply on our UNOPS Jobs portal, here. Find here more details about Staff contract modality.
- ICT Senior Manager (Business Analytics)