Position: Informatics and Graphics Optimizer
Position Reports To: Knowledge Management and Communications Coordinator
Location: Abuja Country Office
The Informatics and Graphics Optimizer will provide support to Jhpiego Nigeria – RISE programs graphical works, manage graphical content and ensure excellent displays in line with USAID branding protocols. S/he will develop high-level infographics and user-friendly multi-media communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
• Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through design works
• Develop and implement strategy for better internal communications of programs and RISE programs as well as Jhpiego programs
• Produce and edit technical, programmatic and communications products
• Develop infographic content to enhance quality of reports and communication products
• Highlight RISE best practices using informatic and graphic contents
• Develop multi-media communication products, e.g. videos, documentaries, slideshows to showcase RISE achievements and best practices
• Designing of office tools e.g. forms, templates, documents, finance & administration forms
• Adapt communications products to meet program needs
• Support the development of RISE knowledge management systems
• Design and material development of events branding e.g. banners, posters, brochures, car stickers, fliers and newsletters
• Graphic design and layout finalization of edited materials and preparation for final print; liaising with printers and other service providers
• Branding of RISE program materials and promotional items
• Design of website as per requirements
• Development of job aids and manuals
• Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sciences or Social Sciences
• One to two-year experience with an international development organization
• Strong knowledge and experience in design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Canva, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw and Acrobat Painting
• Ability to communicate and engage confidently; manage competing priorities
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
• Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
• Artistic ability and creativity are a must
• Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to [email protected] using the position title and location as the subject of the email. Eg. “Informatics and Graphics Optimizer, Abuja”
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org