The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), established in 1986, is a non-profit, autonomous,
regional organization, international in status and non-political in management, staffing, and operations.
ADPC has been created for scientific, educational, developmental, and humanitarian purposes to build
people’s and institutions’ resilience to disasters and climate change impacts in Asia and the Pacific
region. ADPC has more than 34 years of working experience in Asia and the national and local
Governments of its founding charter member countries and countries of the Regional Consultative
Committee (RCC) on Disaster Management. ADPC works to strengthen disaster risk reduction at all
levels, from regional to national, sub-national, and even community levels. ADPC aims at supporting
governments, strengthen institutions, and build capacity for mainstreaming DRR into development
processes. It includes developing institutional systems, assessing disaster risks, undertaking disaster
risk reduction programs, adapting to climate change, etc. Further details on ADPC and its programs
can be found at www.adpc.net.
ADPC is currently implementing the “Strengthening Institutionalization of the Program for Enhancement
of Emergency Response” (PEER5) in South Asia and “Strengthening Emergency Preparedness and
Resilience in Bangladesh” (SERB2) with technical and financial assistance from the USAID Bureau for
Humanitarian Assistance. The program has been an essential instrument for enhancing disaster
preparedness in the region by forming and strengthening skilled emergency responder groups from
communities, disaster response agencies, and hospitals for the past 20 years in Asia. The intern will
support the implementation of PRR Department programs by ADPC Bangladesh Country Office for
updating database and documentation.
Senior Project Manager-PRR Department based in ADPC Bangladesh Country Office
Senior Project Manager-PRR department based in ADPC Bangladesh Country Office
15 April – 14 October 2021 (Six months)
Required Qualifications/ Selection Criteria:
● Bachelor in Business Administration, Economics or Science / Social Science (MIS will be highly
preferred) or any other related field.
● Advance level of computer skills in MS Office and IT.
● Able to work in Bengali Software (Bijoy52).
● Sound in writing and speaking in English and Bengali with good typing skills.
● Clearance Certificate from respective Local Government Institution (Union Parishad/
Municipality/ Respective Ward Councilor) on “no involvement in any anti-social activities and
● Good interpersonal communication skills to collect the information from stakeholders for
● Willingness to travel to target areas of the project in Bangladesh.
● Ability to work hard and self-motivated to achieve targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and advice of the Senior Project Manager of the PRR Department, Intern will:
● Review existing course directories and partners contact list of PEER, SERB, and HOPE South
● Validate existing contact information of partners and graduates and update as needed.
● Update online regional PEER database by inputting SERB and HOPE South Asia information
● Organize filing system of soft and hard copies of contact directories
● Update weekly work progress to supervisor and team
● Perform other duties as and when required as given by the supervisor
Budget and Charging activity code:
● Monthly Allowance: BDT 16,200 (THB 6,000/30.15 = $199×84.7764 = BDT 16,871/Month x 6
months) = BDT 1,01,226
(Exchange rate as of March 2021)
● Local Travel: Will be covered by ADPC (if any)
● Payment Schedule: Monthly after submission of timesheet
● Activity Charging Code: SERB2- 060300
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested Candidates can submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from
www.adpc.net or ADPC Website ), resume, copy of degrees/certificate(s) together with a cover letter, to:email@example.com within 31 March 2021 by 11.59 PM Bangkok time.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
ADPC encourages diversity in its workplace and support an inclusive work environment.