MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
The Control & Audit Unit is a staff department that reports to the General Director and the Board of the association. The Controller is responsible to ensure the availability of quality data for decision making on steering and management control, for internal and external accountability and to supply expertise to the board and management on issues of governance and compliance to the principles of good governance codes, rules and regulations. Internal Audit is positioned in the Control & Audit Unit with the Controller fulfilling the role of CAE.
The internal auditor will conduct audits in the project countries and in the Amsterdam office. It is expected that about 4-6 field audits, each taking on average 10-14 days of travel to our mission countries, will need to be conducted in a year.
The internal audit function within the Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) currently consists of two staff. Within the OCA a risk based auditing model is used focusing at effectiveness and efficiency of our processes but also looking into competence of management, and compliance with (local) laws and regulations. Auditing of medical quality is under development. The internal audit function is always further developing the set-up and implementation of internal audit, to ensure the function continues to contribute to the developing organisation’s goals and the world we operate in. The principle objective of the position is to enhance the internal auditing and implement an effective audit program for both the field as HQ activities.
We are looking for
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, you will have at least two years’ experience in auditing, preferably in a supervisory role. Operational field experience in an NGO providing humanitarian aid or a medical organisation will give you a strong advantage.
- You are able to look at processes and projects at a more strategic level, however, you don’t forget that audit also requires a structured approach with sound underlying evidence, well documented.
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter, are results-driven and persistent, yet behaviourally sensitive to cultural and contextual factors. You are able to cooperate at all levels in the organisation. Integrity is key for you.
- You are a great team player. You are good in cooperation and working as a team, to ensure the team achieves the best result possible, irrespective of your role in that team.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) is essential and additional fluency in French is preferred.
- Expertise in the area of data analytics, process mining or other advanced auditing techniques is an asset.
- You are willing to travel at short notice and to insecure contexts.
- Competencies: Analytical Thinking, Planning & Organisation, Behavioural Flexibility, Teamwork & Cooperation, Service Orientation, Results and Quality Orientation
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- A full time appointment (based on a 40-hours work week) for one year with renewal option.
- A gross monthly salary in scale 7 with a current salary range between € 3,397 and € 4.851 depending on relevant work experience, based on a fulltime appointment.
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension.
- A challenging position in an ambitious team in an international organisation.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Thijs van Buuren – Controller, on + 31 20 520 8998.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button on the vacancy page on our website. https://lde.tbe.taleo.net/lde01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSFOCA&cws=53&rid=29451 Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
Deadline for application is 16 April 2021
First round interviews will be held between April 26 – 30, 2021, a second round is scheduled for May 3 or 6, 2021. An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
* Acquisitions are not appreciated **