FSD is an international environmental remediation organisation with an emphasis on management of risks posed by explosive remnants of war (ERW) as a result of conflict. We are seeking to recruit a Senior Technical Expert for our ERW operations in the Middle East in response to the crisis related to ISIL.
We require a candidate with the following profile:
· Ideally Royal Engineer/Advanced Search Advisor Qualified
· Undertaken the following courses: Royal Engineer Search Advisor; Royal Engineer Search Team; High Risk Search Training
· High threat operational search experience strongly preferred
· Experience of operating in Africa and / or the Middle East is desired
· Assist in the design and delivery of initial Search and Clearance training for local national qualified deminers
· Conduct detailed planning for all Search operations (specifically Route/Access, Compound, Disruptive Building, Defensive Area and Defensive Vehicle Search)
· Able to conduct detailed Threat Assessments to inform Search and Clearance planning
· Develop and deliver methods of work for Search and Clearance planning
· Develop and deliver methods of work for Search and Clearance operations
· Conduct task briefings
· Command and control of Search operations
· Manage the use of Search equipment
· Maintain a safe system of work for all personnel under their control
· Implement accident/incident procedures
· Record and report the progress of Search and Clearance operations
· Identify capability gaps within operational teams and develop continuation training as required
· Conduct performance assessments of operational staff to maintain capability
· Identify lessons learned and communicate them to operational staff
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected].
Note that we correspond only with candidates which do fully comply with the above profile statement.