The Global Business Roundtable (GBR) was established on 21st August 2009. It started as a discussion forum as well as a support, networking and prayer group for people in business and various intellectual professions. This global business networking initiative has experienced the great move of God and has seen an unprecedented exponential growth. The GBR now has thousands of members spread across 83 countries.
The Global Fund for Jesus (GFFJ) focuses on uplifting the disadvantaged through education, health, infrastructure development, poverty alleviation, food security and employment creation programmes. The organisation is in its mobilization phase, and is scheduled for an operational launch in 2021. The GFFJ will enable the Global Business Roundtable (GBR) to do what Jesus would have done to address the challenges facing His people were He physically present today.
Based in Johannesburg, Gauteng, GBR and GFFJ jointly seek to appoint a
JOINT COMPANY SECRETARY **
GBR and GFFJ seek to appoint an experienced, strategic business management and operational compliance expert with international pedigree and experience. The Joint GBR and GFFJ Company Secretary should have the necessary international experience and gravitas to ensure sound corporate governance practise, to be the repository of governance knowledge and advise and to be the source of the organisational conscience and assure corporate integrity. A successful candidate must have rich Christian experience with the testimony of integrity and be passionate about the love of a Christian God.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Provide the Boards with guidance as to their duties and responsibilities and powers.
· Create awareness of any Laws relevant to or affecting the Organisations.
· Ensuring that Minutes of all Boards and Board Committee Meetings as well Management Team of both organisations are properly recorded in accordance with the international compliance laws.
· Assist the nomination committee and ensure that the procedure of the appointment of Trustees and Board of Directors are carried out.
· Assist with the proper induction, orientation and ongoing training and education of directors, including assessing specific training needs of Directors and Trustees in their fiduciary and other governance responsibilities.
· Have a direct channel and direct communication to the President and CEO and provide practical support and guidance to the GBR Directors and GFFJ Trustees, Committee Members, and the chairman of the meeting.
· Obtain appropriate responses and feedback to specific agenda items and matters arising from previous meetings in Board and Board committee deliberations. Raise matters that may warrant the attention of the Boards.
· Assist with the yearly evaluation of the Boards, individual board member and executive management.
· Give appropriate advise on all legal matters and review all legal agreements.
The Joint Company Secretary must meet the following criteria:
· GBR and GFFJ are Christian-Faith and Kingdom mandate organisations, therefore the incumbent must be aligned with this requirement. The incumbent must have high ethics and integrity. Highly self-driven, entrepreneurial, where one delivers results continuously.
· This is an executive level role, thus 10+ years experience in the field is essential.
· Legal qualification(s) and legal experience are essential. Post grad (LLM or MBA) an advantage.
· Admitted attorney would be a great advantage.
· Compliance experience essential.
· Team leadership capability essential (Strategy, Budgets, HR, Corporate Planning).
· Certifications are essential at this level by recognised bodies (local or international), such as:
o Institute of Certified Secretaries – Certified Secretary
o Chartered Governance Institute (ACG) – Associate Member
o Chartered Governance Institute – Chartered Secretary (ACIS)
· Must work well with a board, regardless of its composition and contribute to board building by adhering to clear lines of responsibility and accountability.
How to apply
This position is open to candidates of all nationalities, and multilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply. Proficiency in at least 2 global languages (e.g., English and French or English and Spanish) is an advantage.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 9th April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org