About the Opportunity
Internews is seeking a Subgrants Officer for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Subgrants Officer will ensure the successful execution of Internews grants and will be responsible for maintaining effective and productive relationships with local media outlets and civil society organizations, including core partners, sub-grantees, and small grants recipients.
Note that this position is contingent upon funding. The finalist candidate is subject to USAID approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Support organizations receiving grants from the project in the proper management of their grants;
- Establish all subgrants procedures and mechanisms;
- Manage project partners’ subgrants and alert the Internews Jordan leadership team regarding any performance or financial reporting issues;
- Ensure technical, financial, and administrative compliance with Internews’ and donors’ subgrant management/reporting procedures;
- Evaluate narrative and financial reports as well as supporting documents for expenses incurred in the context of grants awarded by Internews during the project’s lifecycle;
- Provide and supervise training and capacity building activities to subgrantees on financial reporting procedures and mechanisms;
- Maintain communication and relationship with local partners, make sure of media stakeholders’ involvement in the project, and ensure partners’ feedback is included in project management;
- Ensure timely financial reporting and effective collaboration with relevant Internews staff;
- Represent Internews in-country and demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- A degree in business administration/management, accounting, or social sciences;
- More than five years of professional experience in grants management, partnerships, and/or capacity building of local partners;
- Experience in managing subgrants;
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects, especially reporting mechanisms; and extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for grants and subgrants management;
- Knowledge of and experience in working with local partners, especially media outlets and civil society organizations;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required;
- Ability and permission to work and reside in Jordan;
- Proven interpersonal and networking skills;
- Strong team building and communication skills.
How to apply
Please submit application materials at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTER…