You are an expert in Early Childhood Education with considerable experience in the sector in Rwanda. You have extensive experience of training early childhood care and education educators on learning through play pedagogies including developing materials for professional development on inclusive learning through play preferably resources for remote learning and digital/app-based material. You have proven knowledge of the ECE context in Rwanda in particular the experiences of ECE teachers and the context of ECE centres and schools.
OVERALL TASKS AND FUNCTIONS:
- Develop own knowledge on the donor’s beliefs and approach to Learning through Play (LtP)
- Develop an outline for the modular toolkit for educators indicating the content to be used. The outline and content should draw on existing material developed by VSO and other key sources indicated by VSO.
- Identify and develop any further content needed as agreed with VSO.
- Working with the VSO ICT for Development Advisor (ICT4D Advisor) support the digitization of the initial content for testing during inception.
- Support orientation of VSO project team on the VSO Schools App and the modular toolkit
- Support field testing of the initial content during inception
- Based on field test, make adjustments and prepare further content to be piloted in Phase 1 / Year 1
- Initial workplan
- Full outline of the modular toolkit for educators indicating all content to be used
- Digitization of initial content for testing during inception
- Participation in orientation of VSO project team on VSO Schools App and field-testing process
- Field-test report with recommendations
- Report on adjustments made to content and final version of VSO School App signed-off ready for year 1 pilot.
- Final consultancy report on achievement of deliverables.