Maximum Level of Effort: LTTA
Base of Operations: Tripoli, Libya
position reports to: Objective 2 Lead
The Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
- Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
- Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
- Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
- Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda
Objective 2 Program Assistant will be responsible for implementing elements of the objective 2 Taqarib/LGCS portfolio, working collaboratively with Taqarib /LGCS team, providing a full range of programmatic and administrative support. Objective 2 Program Assistant will assist with and complete tasks delegated by Objective 2 Coordinator and/or Lead, coordinate with all necessary team members and external beneficiaries, and ensure that the project is moving forward on time.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
· Organize the implementation of program activities, including but not limited to meetings, workshops, public events and seminars. Serve as a workshop trainer and/or facilitator.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the program strategy and work plans.
· Represent Taqarib at meetings, conferences and workshops, as needed
· Monitor project performance in assigned topic and/or geographic area.
· Prepare, review and/or edit project progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.) to
· Ensure quality, and work with supervisor and field team to revise target goals if necessary.
· Conducting research on established and nascent CSOs in target municipalities.
· Helping to identify Civic leaders with a track record in service-delivery.
· Conduct a mapping of CSOs and private sector companies in target municipalities.
· Assist in developing Objective 2 roadshow events and capacity building programs.
· Communicate and provide essential information and feedback to our beneficiaries.
· Assist in developing our strategic framework for auxiliary services, including conducting desk research around the list of services.
· Collaborate with the grants team in reviewing component 2 related CSO project proposals.
· Manage data and input information, documents and records relevant to Objective 2 on the Taqarib Database (TAMIS).
· Develop and manage social media content on the civil society Taqarib community of practice Facebook page.
· Assist in writing and/or editing reports and the translation of documents (Arabic/English).
· Weekly reporting to Objective 2 lead.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· At least 3 years of professional experience required in civil society development.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field of study.
· Experience with international donor-funded projects or international organizations preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. **
· Availability to travel within Libya when required. **
· Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic.
Location and Reporting:
The Objective 2 Program Assistant will be based in Tripoli, Libya and will closely work with the Objective 2 Lead and Objective 2 Program Coordinator.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] with email subject title “Objective 2 Assistant”