I. Information about the job position
Name of position: Livelihoods Programme Manager
Expected length of employment: 12 Months
Start Date: 1st of May 2021
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Erbil, Iraq (with frequent travel to project locations)
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
CCR’s mission in Iraq was established in 2017. Since then, CCR delivered assistance to vulnerable Iraqi population in 5 difference Governorate; namely: Dohuk, Ninewa, Salah Al Din, Kirkuk and Anbar. The mission team comprises 36 staff (6 expatriates and 30 national staff).
CCR is looking for a livelihoods programme manager who will be responsible for the management of CCR’s livelihoods programme in Anbar Governorate.), The incumbent will be responsible for the direct management of the project’s staff (approx. 20 national staff), interdepartmental coordination and maintaining effective donor communication. The livelihoods programme manager will be based in Erbil and travel frequently (if access is granted) to the project locations.
The project aims to provide returnee community in Anbar with improved access to livelihoods opportunities through; 1) organizing Cash for Work activities, 2) delivery of community projects focusing on rehabilitation of public infrastructure and 3) support of livelihoods activation grants & SMEs, delivery of vocational trainings and job placement activities.
Project management and administration:
- Implementing project activities according to the approved project proposal focusing on quality delivery and project impacts and results.
- Responsible for project planning (including the needs for supporting program staff, logistics and admin are met in advance.
- Timely reporting to the CCR mission, CCR HQ and donors.
- Project team leadership: teamwork, support recruitment, evaluation, quality leadership.
- Maintaining good order in records and official documentation
- Representation of CCR to various stakeholders (together with the mission management). This includes reaching out to donor’s representatives, cluster coordination and coordination with local authorities.
- Promoting CCR and ensuring the CCR’s visibility
- Contributing to the mission strategic planning together with the mission management
- Contributing to the resource mobilization and supporting the new fund opportunities
- Compile lessons learned, identified best practices, participate on development and update of relevant tools, guidelines and manuals, local expert pool and expert resources.
- Identify and design ideas for further livelihood and agricultural programming in the area.
- Work closely with the food security and livelihoods cluster, agriculture working group, early recovery working group
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Closely cooperate with M&E units at CCR and donor to ensure that Monitoring and Evaluation activities are conducted as per of the project logical framework.
- Regular financial management and reporting in coordination with CCR’s Head of Operations and HoM.
- Responsible of financial expenditure tracking and forecasting and ensuring that projects are in good status financially.
- Managing and applying CCR financial rules during the project implementation.
· Candidate must have experience in the management of livelihoods program internationally; previous experience in Iraq is highly desired.
· Minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience working in livelihoods sector such as Cash for Work, Job creation, Business development
· Previous experience with INGOs;
· Successful track record of managing at least 2 projects with a budget over 1.5 million USD or one project over 3 million USD.
· Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of Arabic is highly desired;
· Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
· Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software;
· Prior knowledge of the Iraqi context is an asset;
· Good organizational and analytical skills;
· Ability to work independently;
· Experience from countries with high insecurity is an asset.
V. What we offer
· Gross monthly remuneration based on experience and competencies (the monthly remuneration includes base salary, per-diem and performance-related monthly bonus of 10%);
· R&R every 12 weeks and financial contribution of USD 500;
· 25 days of paid leave, in addition to Iraqi official public holidays;
· Access to training opportunities;
· Travel health insurance;
· 2 return flights per year to home country;
· Accommodation (shared guesthouse or individual with monthly contribution from CCR);
· Pre-deployment and on-site health, psychological and security support;
· Career development in a value-driven professional organization.
· Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with disability are also encouraged to apply
How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following E-mail address:
The application must include a cover letter and CV. The applications should be submitted the latest by 31st March 2021.
As the subject of E-mail please insert exactly “Livelihoods Programme Manager-Iraq”
NOTICE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.CCR reserves the right of starting selection process before the mentioned deadline due to the urgency of the position.