Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Afghanistan and direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager; and, in collaboration with relevant staff of Reintegration Assistance and Development for Afghanistan (RADA) project, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for technical areas of livestock projects.
Scope of consultancy
a) Provision of technical support
The consultant is required to work with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) on developing technical specifications for:
· Livestock Projects (mainly small ruminants, cows (local and cross-race)
· Poultry Projects (backyard and commercial)
· Turkey Farming Projects (backyard and commercial)
Technical specifications include adoptable variety, age, weight, quarantine requirements, feed and duration of vaccination and other medication.
b) Inspection of Poultry and livestock (small ruminants, cows and poultry)
· Approve samples of livestock and poultry items before bulk purchase.
· Ensure the livestock and poultry are kept in mandatory quarantine and are property vaccinated throughout the quarantine period
· Collect a sample of initially approved livestock and poultry samples and crosscheck with the final distribution in the project site.
· Maintain timely and accurate records of inspections.
c) Review of training materials for livestock projects
· Review technical training materials for livestock and poultry projects and revise, if needed: the training methodology should utilize visual and practical learning. Training materials should be aligned with the standards of Department of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (DAIL).
· Develop standard training materials for livestock and poultry projects for RADA usage in similar projects across, as agreed with IOM.
d) Monitoring of the distribution of livestock and poultry to project participants
· Monitor distributions in line with the specifications illustrated in the BoQ
· Monitor training delivery in the communities
· Maintain monitoring records on an agreed format with IOM
Type of appointment: Consultancy (on-call basis)
Duration of Contract: Min. 20 days to max 60 days assignment within One year
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in animal husbandry or veterinary medicine
5 years of field implementation experience in livestock and poultry services with at least two years of experience with international NGOs, a UN agency or other international entity.
In-depth knowledge of the broad range government’s rules and regulations of quarantine measures of livestock
Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto (oral and written).
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
This position requires field travel
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by Close of Business (CoB) 21 March 2021 latest, we do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once you profile is created and saved go to Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, date you are available from and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website:VAC-4447
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.if you have any issue registering yourself, please contact form 8:00 AM up to 4:00 PM: +0093728220482