Following the 2011 crisis in Syria, FRC established a permanent presence in Lebanon in 2013 in order to reinforce the capacity of the Lebanese Red Cross to better respond to the needs of Syrian refugees and the Lebanese host populations.
The French Red Cross (FRC) activities in Lebanon are mainly focused on supporting the Lebanese Red Cross’ Strategy in the country, aiming to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable.
In 2020, the French Red Cross delegation in Lebanon has launched a DRR project (focus on flood risks) from 2020-2024 in consortium with two other partners
In August 2020, following the Beyrouth blast, the French Red Cross has launched a call for donations in order to support the Lebanese Red Cross emergency response through health and disaster management projects.
In October 2020, the French Red Cross signed a joint project (Shelter and Wash intervention for prevention of Covid19) with the Lebanese Red Cross.
The FRC opened its delegation in Syria based in Damascus in 2019 and perceived fundings for a Covid19 and Menstrual Health Management project.
Under the supervision of the Head of Delegation, you will be responsible for securing logistical performance to provide programs with optimum support and ensure compliance with procedures, as well as for recruiting and train a log manager. In addition, you will be responsible for supervising logistics activities and provide logistical support to the French Red Cross Syria delegation.
- Logistics Coordination
- Syria delegation logistics management
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement Management
- Equipment, Stock & IT management
- Movements Management & Transports
- Management of Property and Equipment
- Security Management
- Capitalization & reporting
- The Logistics Coordinator is under the responsibility of the Head of Delegation
- The Logistics Coordinator is the line manager of the Senior Logistic Manager (to be recruited).
- The Logistics Coordinator is under the functional management of HQ the Logistics Advisor.
- The Logistics Coordinator has functional links with FRC Syria Head of Delegation.
- The Logistics Coordinator closely collaborates with the administrative coordinator, and the technical advisors)
Education & experience
- Similar position on the field for an international NGO for at least 2 years
- 3 years of experience in managing humanitarian logistics and supply chain
- Strong experience in managing local staff and strong capacity building skills
- Experience in providing (remote) technical advice in a broad range of logistics areas
- Strong supply chain skills
- Thorough understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Previous field experience with FRC or the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is an asset
- Experience in Middle East context is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure without constant supervision
- Ability to work in altered security context and under strict security rules
- Rigor, flexibility, adaptability, and multitasking
- English mandatory (oral and written), Arabic and / or French would be an asset
- Location: Beirut, with possible travels to Syria
- Length of assignment: 4 months
- Start date: April 2021
- Status: Expatriate
The French Red Cross reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date for applications.
The French Red Cross (the President and by delegation, the Director General) processes, as treatment responsible, personal data concerning you for the purposes of the study and treatment of your application. Access to your personal data is strictly limited to authorized persons of the French Red Cross and to our subcontractors to achieve the mentioned purpose. As part of the terrorist financing and money laundering fighting system, any selected candidate may be subject to verification with our CSI Web subcontractor.
Your data will be kept for 2 years after the last contact with you and then archived according to the applicable limitation periods. If hired, your data will be kept for the duration of the employment contract and then archived.
In accordance with the amended law “Informatique et Libertés” of the 6 January 1978 and the General Data Protection Regulation of the 27 April 2016, you have the right to access, rectify, delete under certain conditions, oppose for legitimate reasons your data and to limit the treatment. You also have the right to define guidelines relating to the use of your data and the way in which you wish your rights to be exercised after your death. You can exercise these rights by contacting the HRIS Department at the following address: Carrefour.firstname.lastname@example.org
In any case of difficulty, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the French Red Cross headquarters at 98, rue Didot – 75014 Paris or at the following email address: DPO@croix-rouge.fr; you can also file a complaint with the French data protection authority, the CNIL.
- Passport valid for more than 6 months at the moment of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination card / fitness for travel
To be better acquainted with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to follow two training sessions online, free and accessible to all. These training sessions constitute a real advantage for your application: WORC (The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent) is an e-learning course on the fundamental principles and operations of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Its 12 modules address subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, its emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is dedicated to all profiles: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to get more information on the biggest humanitarian movement in the world. Stay Safe is dedicated to every staff in a position to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a National Society of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The course aims at developing a common culture of security management within the Movement in order to enable a better understanding of the main threats and risks for humanitarian actors in the field, and offers solutions to restrain their impact. You will find these lessons on the IFRC Learning Platform open to all by clicking on the following link: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx
How to apply
Merci de nous faire parvenir CV et lettre de motivation : https://emploi.national.croix-rouge.fr/fe/tpl_CroixRouge02.asp?s=4A515F4…