The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. No matter what we do and where we operate, we are committed to the seven Red Cross principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
At the GRC Headquarter in Berlin you will help shape the future orientation of the DRK e.V. as a national Red Cross Society and umbrella organisation of independent welfare work. Every day, you contribute to ensuring that people in Germany and around the world receive help – according to the degree of need.
We are looking for a
Manager Communication and Outreach for the Anticipation Hub (m/f/d).
The employment is full-time. The employment offer is initially limited to 31.12.2022, with the prospect of long-term employment.
In the division “International Cooperation” and the department “Knowledge and Innovation” you will work with the Anticipation Hub team on the strategic communication and outreach for the Anticipation Hub and other GRC thematic areas. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary and innovative team and will coordinate and cooperate closely with different partners of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and external partners. Your work will shape our communication and outreach on anticipation in the humanitarian system and other connected fields.
The job holder is responsible for the communication, outreach, management of partners and the governance structure of the Anticipation Hub. The position is part of a Global Project financed by the Federal Foreign Office to strengthen and further develop international humanitarian aid and the international humanitarian system. It is carried out in close coordination with partners working in the field of forecast-based financing (FbF) and anticipation.
This means in detail:
- Responsible for the high-quality and innovative communication of the Anticipation Hub both internally and externally (e.g. social media, news, events, webinars, short animations, graphics, press releases, etc.)
- Management of our public relations in cooperation with our fundraising and communication team
- Support of the elaboration of strategic documents and reports
- Support the process control and coordination for the continuous updating of the online platform content
- Support and further develop the partnership models of the Anticipation Hub
- Supporting the Head of the Anticipation Hub in the preparation of Steering Committee Meetings, Advisory Group Meetings and other events
- Supporting the Early Action Focus Task Force (Inter-Agency working group Anticipation) in their outreach and communication in collaboration with IFRC
- Preparation and support in the implementation of workshops, webinars, etc. on various topics in the field of anticipation
- Support the planning and implementation of dialogue platforms, expert meetings, etc.
- Participation in reporting on Forecast-based financing and anticipation
- University/Technical College Degree
- At least 5 years of working experience and in-depth knowledge of humanitarian aid and development cooperation sector
- Very good communication skills (both in writing and orally) and experience in strategic communication with humanitarian or development cooperation actors
- Knowledge in management of governance structures, networks and partners
- Knowledge of the coordination mechanisms of international humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of the work and experience within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
- Experience in the innovative preparation and design of (virtual) workshops and meetings including the application of participatory and interactive methods
- Experience in knowledge management
- Very good ability to think and work in complex contexts
- Very good skills in writing, reworking and structuring of texts
- Very high awareness of quality
- Strong teamwork and consultative working skills
- Very good skills in humanitarian diplomacy
- Proficiency in English
- Good computer skills (MS-Office) and good knowledge of the common graphic programs of Adobe Creative Suit (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel abroad, tropical suitability
- A challenging and responsible assignment in a rewarding environment
- A space for your professional and personal development within an experienced and dedicated team
- Fair working conditions according to union agreement:
- Remuneration according to remuneration group 12
- 29 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health benefit scheme
- A pleasant working environment with a green courtyard and a canteen
As an employer, the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are a special obligation for us. We welcome applications from people regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Please send your application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant certificates) by 22th April 2021, quoting the reference number 2021-034, to
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
You can find up-to-date information on the work of the German Red Cross and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement on our website. https://www.drk.de/das-drk/auftrag-ziele-aufgaben-und-selbstverstaendnis-des-drk/die-grundsaetze-des-roten-kreuzes-und-roten-halbmondes/