Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) – is non-governmental organization that supports livelihood challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and Ethiopia, AAH-I has over 30 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
In the South Sudan Country Programme, AAH-I works in Greater Equatoria, Greater Jonglei, Greater Upper Nile and Greater Unity State, with field offices in Juba, Yei, Maridi, Yambio, Mundri, Bor, Wau, Jamjang, Maban and Malakai.
Since January 2013 AAH-I South Sudan is managing the UNHCR Funded Humanitarian Logistics Project (Warehouse, Workshop, Fleet and Fuel managemen,t Infrastructure and Receptions Centre management) and as well implements Health and Nutrition Programmes and Food security and livelihood Projects.
AAH-I South Sudan Programme is currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate fill the vacant position indicated below:
Number of Posts: Reports to:
Staff reporting to this post: Liaises with:**
Mechanical Workshop Manager 01
Workshop Mechanics & Other workshop staff
Workshop Manager in Juba on Technical Issues and Logistics
manager for operational issues
Duty Station: Jamjang – (Ruweng Administrative Area)
(A) Job Summary:
The Mechanical Workshop Manager will be responsible for Mechanical workshop management to achieve cost effective, accountable and timely repair and maintenance of assets, workshop staff management, management of workshop tools and spare parts and recruitment and training of Apprentice in mechanical skills
A. The Workshop Manager will be responsible to:
• Supervise, coach, support and lead all mechanical workshops in Jamjang Operation.
• Supervise the activities of all the chief mechanics / workshop foreman in all location of Jamjang workshop operation.
• Organize an efficient and transparent spare parts supply chain and management.
• Set-up and organize the workshop with staff clearly defined roles, responsibilities and objectives according to workshop activity level.
• Ensure that the standard workshop and spare part rnanagement procedures and ensure it is properly implemented in all levels.
• Take appropriate actions to improve workshop performance in accordance with expected results and available means/ Mobilize external support and expertise if required.
• Provide client and management a technical advice and solutions to improve the performance of the workshop and contribute to the achievement of goals.
◆ Design activity organizational chart I Introduce job description and objectives for workshop staff
• Ensure that all assets, vehicles and infrastructures are in good condition and secured
• Keep up-dated Mechanical workshop inventory list for all equipment and spare parts. Conduct monthly inventory and Quarterly inventory jointly with appointee of the Area coordinator
◆ Contribute actively to the establishment of the operational budget.
◆ Engage, per delegation of the management, funds allocated to the workshop / follow-up all local purchases related to workshop management
• Establish project reporting and information system to collect workshop relevant and
transparent information on time/ Make sure that workshop & material management system is in place and utilized correctly
• Produce and submit to the management Workshop Monthly Monitoring Report including
• Establish permanent and good working relations, coordination with clients, logistic officer, UNHCR supply unit and other managers.
• Represent the Mechanical workshop sector in all forums with clients, local administration, and
• Ensure a transparent cost utilization and budget management for funds allocated to the
◆ Produce monthly monitoring reports and contribute actively to the production of contractual narrative and financial reports
• Produce week and Monthly activity reports for the Mechanical workshop
- Being a representative of the project for all workshop management aspects toward client, other partners, local administration and missions
◆ Plan, Implement and monitor workshop repair and maintenance activities.
• Organize an efficient and transparent spare parts supply chain and management.
• Planned service intervals for each vehicle are adhered to and share the plan with UNHCR/AAH-1 supply section and the implementing partners for the proper execution and
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out timely, with due regard for the safety of all concerned
and the operations expected by the client.
- Ensure that all operating costs connected to he vehicles are correctly and timely budgeted,
accounted for and reported appropri . y td ac 6o tlance with project guidelines.
• Ensure , during repair service, that a log book, updated every journey, is kept in each vehicle and regularly scrutinized for accuracy and legibility. This includes verifying if all service periods are reflected on the log book.
• Ensure that all workshop staff are provided with appropriate protective clothing, and wear it when performing potentially their tasks.
• Produce monthly repair cost for all assets that are maintained and repaired in the AAHI managed workshop in the country and forward this report to the Operations Manager.
• Produce monthly spare part movement report for the workshop and share this report with the Workshop manager Juba and Area Coordinator Jamjang
• Recruit and train apprentice from Host and Refugee communities in the workshop
• Any other task as directed by management.
B. With regard to interpersonal skill and team building, the Workshop Manager shall be responsible to:
• Take all necessary measures to motivate staffs and build strong team spirit at all levels.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with all partners and potential donors in the area of operation
• Participation in preparation of budget for workshop especially on the spare part requirement.
• Produce and submit to the management periodic activity reports and work plans, a standard Repair/maintenance monitoring report including the relevant analysis
• Produce analysis, documents and reports upon the request of management or partner/s
• Immediately inform management of any facts that can have serious impact on the mechanical workshop activities
• Establish permanent working relations/coordination with other actors within the Camps and the administrative area on workshop management and services
• In liaison with the Area Coordinator, create good working relation with UNHCR focal points, Partners and CRA
1) Essential Requirements (Education and Experience)
• Minimum of Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive/Plant)
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in mechanical works at managerial or supervisory level.
• Strong workshop experience in doing repairs and maintenance of vehicles and Heavy plant equipment’s in the automotive field.
• Registered Graduate Engineer or Eligibility of Registration in any Engineering body.
• Demonstrated Multi skilling in Mechanics, Auto Electrics/electronics, welding and fabrication works a great Advantage. Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Computer literate with good knowledge of MS office.
• Ability to communicate skills in English, written and verbal.
• Willingness to travel and do repairs in field locations or remote locations.
• Advance post studies in will be an Added advantage
• Advance Technician/Craft Certificate and or equivalent qualifications.
• Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
3) Additional Skills & Competencies
• Commitment to and understanding of AAH-1 values & South Sudan context.
• Understanding of humanitarian Logistics and ability ·to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to think quickly, determine priorities, and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural, dynamic environment.
• Ability to coach, mentor, supervise, appraise and develop others
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
How to apply
CD} Application Instructions
AAH-1 is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit the following;
■ A complete application (including CV+ Cover letter, 3 referees, and copies of *Passport,**
Academic certificates & *recommendation letters)***
■ Applications submitted via email should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate the Job Vacancy in the Subject line.
All applications must be submitted latest on 24th March, 2021 by 5.00PM.