Post Title: Media Assistant
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Azaz, Syria
Duration: 8 months
Starting: As soon as possible
Application closing date 28.03.2021
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profitmaking, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs, or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Ensuring the visibility of the project by continuously photographing and videographing the project activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of WHH’s visibility guidelines, under the guidance of the Expert Communication.
- Conceptualize, develop and package information and promotional materials on WHH’s work for external and donor audiences (e.g. brochures, program summaries, briefing kits, videos, photos, etc.)
- Under the guidance of the Expert Communication, support the development and/or formatting of internal communications materials including templates, documents, sit reps, reports, etc.
- Support the in the collection and production of Human Interest stories, photographs and video clips for projects and partners.
- Support the development and/or formatting of internal communications materials, info-graphics including templates, documents, sit reps, reports, etc.
- Drafting and production of communications materials (human interest stories, photos, videos) for use in WHH internal and external communication channels.
- Translate programmatic materials between English and Arabic, as required.
- Support event planning and implementation
- Support Head of IT Turkey and Expert Communication in the content management of WHH’s website
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Journalism or Communication, development communication, social sciences, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in communications and media work, preferably with a development NGO
- Proven experience of photography and videography skills, MS office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and desktop publishing software, knowledge and skill in graphic design a plus.
- Excellent command in the use of Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Audition and proficiency in Illustrator, Indesign.
- Experience in designing publications, developing promotional materials including photo shop, info graphics etc.
- Experience in covering public events, creating human interest stories, photo essays and video stories.
- Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and familiarity with using social media networks.
- Language skills in English and Arabic. Experience in translating documents and meetings between the above three languages including strong written skills for both Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different public IEC materials. Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all communications areas, as needed.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
The Media Assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
How to apply
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties no later than on CoB 28/03/2021 by sending the application to our online recruiting system through the below link:
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please read the privacy notice.