Chemonics seeks a MEL specialist for the USAID Indonesia Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) Activity. The SEGAR Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To achieve the overall goal, this Activity will achieve the following two objectives: 1) Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advances biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use and 2) Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
The Activity’s base period is from February 26, 2021 through February 25, 2024 (Year 1-3), with two option periods (Year 4 and 5).
This position is only open to local nationals and will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Leads the activity’s MEL aspect, underpinning management with up-to-date data on progress toward activity indicators, results, and outcomes
- Designs program-specific performance monitoring plans and AMEL plan
- Designs surveys, random sampling plans, and observation techniques to track expected results based on performance standards
- Develops relevant MEL tools and formats, training staff and subcontractors in using them
- Coordinates regular monitoring visits to partners and ensures accurate and timely reporting
- Monitors data entry process and ensures correct use of Chemonics’ MEL database by staff
- Reviews regular program reports prepared by program staff for submission to USAID
- Ensures staff and core management are using data collected to make informed, timely decisions related to project implementation
- With the deputy chief or party, organizes and facilitates pause and reflect workshops and learning events with staff, subcontractors, and target audiences to inform adaptive management and achieve effective results
- Supervises the MEL assistant
- Reports to chief of party
- Minimum of five years of experience in social science, evaluation research, statistics, economics, or another MEL-related field
- Advanced degree in social science, evaluation research, statistics, economics, or another MEL-related field
- Extensive experience managing MEL
- Demonstrated experience in performance measurement, indicator selection, definition and monitoring, and data collection/analysis
- Expertise in designing surveys, sampling and observation approaches, and accurate data recording and reporting
- Database management experience
- Proven skills in building staff and local organizations’ capacity
- Strong skills in developing and using results frameworks and tools for project design and MEL
- Experience in testing result chain assumptions and validating and updating theories of change
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Knowledge of USAID specific reporting requirements
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and “SEGAR – MEL specialist” in the subject line to [email protected] by March 29, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.