Organization: The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) provides rehabilitative support to survivors of torture and works for the prevention of torture worldwide. We work locally, nationally and internationally through programs that provide treatment services, training, research and advocacy that heal survivors and end the practice of torture.
NOTE: This position is offered in the New Tactics in Human Rights MENA program. For more background on our work, visit: www.newtactics.org. To learn more about the overall work of CVT visit: www.cvt.org.
Position: MENA Trainer
Location: Based in Amman-Jordan
Travel: This job requires travel to the MENA countries, so MENA trainer should be willing and able to travel when program needs arise.
The goal of the New Tactics MENA program is to build the strategic and tactical capacity of civil society organizations to effectively advance rights-based activities. Based in Amman, Jordan, the program develops collaborative relationships with partner organizations in the region to conduct training and facilitate dialogue across organizations. The program also builds and facilitates an online network of activists across the region.
The MENA program of the New Tactics in Human Rights Program brings together human rights activists from around the MENA region to learn from each other how to develop more effective strategies and tactics to advance human rights. Through face-to-face training, online community dialogues, and resource materials, the program shares tactical ideas and tools for strategy development to advance human rights around the world. The program partners with human rights organizations in the areas of economic, social, cultural, civil and political rights.
Objective: The New Tactics MENA Trainer coordinates the capacity building training program, including logistics; conducts training and mentoring activities and develops materials for those activities; and develops reports.
MENA Training Manager
MENA Director, MENA Training Manager, MENA Online Engagement Coordinator, Financial and HR Consultant, CVT-Jordan staff, Technical Support & IT Specialist; HR Manager; Outreach & Partnership Manager; Country Director; and others as program needs arise.
CVT – Headquarters:
New Tactics Program Manager, New Tactics Training Manager, New Tactics Online Engagement Coordinator, Human Rights Program Coordinator, Program Evaluation Advisor, and others as program needs arise
MENA partner organization staff, training and capacity building organizations, and other human rights practitioners and organizations
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
50% Capacity Building Training Program Coordination
· Support and follow up on MENA partners’ capacity building training programs, and ensure the achievement of NT MENA objectives and the provision of regional training operational plans.**
· Coordinate with MENA Training Manager and HQ Training Manager to develop trainer quality control mechanisms; and faciliate the implementation and oversite of evaluation processes.
· Coordinate with MENA Training Manager to explore new opportunities in line with the NT MENA plan with key stakeholders in the MENA region to engage and build the capacity of new trainers and training organizations to use and apply New Tactics methodology, tools and resources.
· Coordinate, monitor, evaluate and provide standard reports on the progress and outcomes of MENA training implementation plans and coordinate with MENA team to ensure the coordination and integration of MENA plans.
· Coordinate work with partners to develop and provide opportunities/mechanisms for trainers to improve and share their skills, questions and learning.**
· Coordinate, develop and implement partnership monitoring reviews and evaluations of capacity building training programs,and utilize training effectiveness metrics and feedback for continuous improvement in techniques, materials and integration of those learnings into future program plans to meet NT’s quality training standards.**
· Develop and coordinate logistical and operational plans with MENA Training Manager and MENA Director.**
· Coordinate with MENA Director and MENA Training Manager to maintain and expand relationships with key human rights organizations in MENA to further New Tactics outreach and training opportunities.
40% Training and Development of Training Materials
· Provide trainings in the MENA region.
· Develop and update agendas, trainer outlines, PowerPoints and other related resources, tools, and materials to in order to effectively implement New Tactics training method and mentoring processes. **
· Coordinate with MENA Training Manager and MENA Online Engagement Coordinator to develop and share online training materials and develop innovative online ideas with partners and wider stakeholders that can contribute to the development of the New Tactics program to become a major reference for HRDs in the region.
· Support in assessing, developing and designing MENA-appropriate New Tactics training materials, tools and modalities (e.g., inclusion of MENA examples in training materials and resources, multi-level and audience module and format development)
10% General Administration
· Support MENA Training Manager in planning and facilitating regular team meetings to inform the MENA team on training program development and to explore innovative ideas for the development of the training program.
· Participate in MENA and HQ (virtually) New Tactics meetings, trainings and organizational planning and review sessions, inter-program coordination efforts, and provide support to the MENA Training Manager and other duties as assigned.
· Additional tasks and responsibilities assigned by the MENA Training Manager to further the goals of the Initiative.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Humanities and Social Science or related field.
- Previous experience organizing training programs. Direct experience in designing and developing training curriculums and training systems; and implementing training programs – including facilitation and stand-up training delivery. NOTE: Experience in evaluating training programs is highly desired.
- Technical & Professional Skills on the related Training field. (e.g., New Tactics method, human rights, and advocacy)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English; and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent editing and content design skills including writing proposals with multi-stakeholders.
- Computer skills, including experience with MS Office software, email, internet and desktop publishing.
· Ability and readiness (valid passport) to travel when necessary.
· Previous advocacy training and implementation experience is desirable.
· Previous voluntary work and extra curriculum activities desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a covering letter to : ([email protected]) mentioning the title of the position “MENA Trainer” in the subject line of the email no later than April 16th 2021