Terms of Reference
The Monitor contributes to improving the quality of ACTED programming through the accurate registration of complaints and dissemination of information about the CRM to beneficiaries, communities and stakeholders. The Monitor is the first point of contact for beneficiaries who need to raise complaints. As such, the Monitor will need to be neutral, register complaints as received and provide complainants with direct feedback on any request for information (if the relevant information is known, available) The Monitor will deliver individual or group presentations to spread awareness on the CRM.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
- Capital Accountability Officer
- Area Accountability Assistant
- Area AME Manager
- AME Monitors/Monitors
- Project team.
- Implementing Partners/ Partner Organizations
Support the effective functioning of the Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM), enhance the trust and confidence of beneficiaries, identify areas of our work which need to be improved and ensure that all targeted beneficiaries are aware of the CRM.
Duties and Responsibilities
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM)
1- Promotion of the CRM
a) Build capacity and understanding among beneficiary on CRM.
b) Accompany the AME and/or project teams to the field in order to spread awareness about the CRM to beneficiaries, as well as local authorities and stakeholders in ACTED’s areas of implementation, during field visits.
c) Regularly assess effectiveness of all information-sharing efforts and incorporate findings into revised approaches.
d) Maintain records of CRM awareness raising and promotion activities (including approximate numbers of participants) and submit to Accountability Area focal point.
2- Field complaint registration for implementation of the CRM
a) Ensure the effective functioning of the beneficiary CRM and that beneficiary complaints/feedback are adequately captured, analyzed, addressed and responded to in a timely manner and utilized by the program and coordination teams.
b) Receive complaints through all CRM Channels e.g. complaint boxes, complaint desk and other referred by program or AME staff and register all complaint in Complaint follow up database (COMPFU).
c) Treat urgent and/or sensitive complaints with the immediate attention they require by ensuring a fast referral to Accountability Officer.
d) Check that material necessary to carry out the assessment is sufficient and appropriate; make sure to take the needed materials which support his existence in the field.
e) Probe to clarify unclear answers when receiving complaints.
f) Write down the observations and answers in an ordinate and clear way, recording responses accurately.
g) Record and forward suggestions received while in the field to the Accountability Officer in the base.
a) Submit a weekly report to the Accountability Officer in the base containing complaints updates, trends and challenges faced.
b) Collect lessons learned and best practices from beneficiaries, community leaders, partners, and other stakeholders during assessment/monitoring missions.
a) Assist Accountability Officer in the field with the Follow up in a constructive and proactive manner on pending complaints with relevant persons responsible for complaint follow-up, and verify that all complaints are adequately and comprehensively addressed.
Key Performance Indicators
- Functioning and effective Complaints Resolution Mechanism in place in all areas of implementation
of complaints registered during the past 6 months.
- ### of awareness sessions held on CRM during the past 6 months.
- At least one-year experience with NGOs and/or International Institutions.
- High school Certificate or Higher school (Diploma / University).
- Experience in similar position or AME in general.
- Good experience in data collection during field visits.
- Good technical skills in data collection tools (KOBO Toolbox).
- Fluent Arabic is required.
- Able to work under pressure and travel to the targeted areas within ACTED projects.
- Good experience in giving awareness about the CRM to the beneficiaries, as well as local authorities and stakeholders in ACTED’s areas of implementation, during field visits.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
· Strong communication skills are required.
· Understands rights and protection issues of IDPs, children and women.
· Attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.