Malteser International, a worldwide humanitarian agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief and Rehabilitation, Health and Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Livelihood and Social Programs as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International responds to the humanitarian crisis created by the conflict inside Syria since 2012.
In support of our works in Syria, Malteser International is looking for a MEAL Consultant based in northern Syria for the Malteser International supported projects operated by the local implementing partners.
The MEAL Consultant is expected to contribute to the accountability of Malteser International´s portfolio in performing Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities of the Malteser International supported projects in northern Syria.
Malteser International (MI) is looking forwards to commission a consultancy (organization or individual) to provide support for an institutionalized approach to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning and contribute to a standardized system on data and information verification in the field level.
Main expected activities and deliverables:
- Liaise with the team of Malteser International based in Turkey for field visits to the activities implemented by the local partner organizations in northern Syria
- Explain and introduce the feedback mechanisms of Malteser International to partners´ staff and local communities when needed
- Strictly following up the confidentiality ethics and data protection policies of the Turkish government when collecting, noting, copying, taking pictures of any place, person(s) and facilities and circulating in any form and media
- Review and update of the accountability information in line with Malteser International´s policies and guidelines as well as relevant International Standards
- Arrange documents and ensure that the required data is reliant for submission to the team of Malteser International based in Turkey
- Discuss and coordinate responses with the Malteser International team based in Turkey and communicate responses accordingly
- Collect all data and information to fill up monitoring and evaluation forms and other MEAL paperwork for aligned submission to the Malteser International Team based in Turkey
- Test monitoring tools and share feedback with the Malteser International Team based in Turkey
- Perform other related tasks to MEAL, provide recommendations on improvement of MEAL processes
- Fluent in English and Arabic; proficiency in Turkish language will be an added value
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, administration, or other related fields
- Experience in data collection and analysis via quantitative and qualitative tools surveys preferred
- Experience with programs in Health, WASH, Protection or Livelihood related projects an added value
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- High proficiency in KoBo Toolbox, Power BI and other data collection tools
- Experience of working with NGOs highly desirable
- Knowledge on Project Cycle Management incl. LogFrame as well as MEAL tools required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Ability to travel between north and west of Syria (north of Aleppo, Jerablus and Idleb sides). Potential for cross-boarder travel to Turkey would be an added value
- Place of consultancy: Northern Syria
- Fee will be offered according to qualification and experience
- Duration of contract: Initial contract is for 6 (six) months; extension of the contract will depend on the overall utility and satisfactory outcomes of the consultancy
- The MEAL Consultant will be responsible for his/her own health/life insurance coverage and all other related logistic and legal necessities (transportation, accommodation, food, cross-border permission, communication, etc.) and equipment (e.g. computer, car, phone, internet, etc.) for this consultancy service
- Malteser International will not provide any additional fee, compensation, per diem, etc. for this consultancy service over the agreed monthly consolidated fee
- All communication, reporting and other deliverables with Malteser International shall be provided in English
- Consultant will be an independent contractor, and not an employee of Malteser International
- Financial offer should specify VAT separately, if any
- Financial offer should be lump sum, and not hourly
- Financial offer should be inclusive of stationery and all other overhead costs
- Financial offer should separately specify translation costs for the deliverables, if any
- Payments will be effected upon successful submission of the deliverables stated in this RFP and upon acceptance and approval by Malteser International.
- If the deliverables are not submitted by the Consultant as defined in the TOR, he/she will not be entitled to any payment even if she/he invested time in the assignment
- The amount paid to the Consultant shall be gross and inclusive of all associated costs such as social security, pension and income tax, etc.
How to apply
Interested consultants should submit a statement of interest including the following:
- Technical offer including description of methodology and work plan
- Financial offer
- Information on previous experience including CV and three references
- Information on availability for the assignment
Applicants are kindly asked and required to refrain from including any sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. data on health status, religious or ethnic affiliation, etc.) in their statement of interest and CV, as defined under Turkish law.
Offers including references shall be submitted online at https://bit.ly/3mbujTZ latest until April 16th, 2021.
Malteser International Turkey