The Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development (ARDD) is seeking to recruit an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be supporting the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities and frameworks for ARDD’s projects and programs. The M&E Officer is responsible to design and implement M&E activities, ensure proper regular monitoring, developing and maintaining the MIS of the projects and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. She/He will assist in evaluating projects, generate and support the development of reports, ensure accountability and efficiency throughout, and contribute to the learning cycle. The M&E Officer might be assigned to support more than one project on the following:
· To ensure that the necessary frameworks, mechanisms and tools are in place that allow ARDD to monitor and assess its progress towards the objectives set out in its Strategy.
- To ensure quality M&E for ARDD’s individual projects and programmes in line with donor standards and requirements.
- To support programmes and projects in needs assessments, project design, baseline studies and project evaluations that fit to the strategic priorities. The M&E Officer will also works closely with other departments to ensure a good basis for monitoring of performance and results, and supports the process of project and programme evaluations.
- To ensure that necessary ARDD policies, guideline and SoPs are implemented and monitored effectively
- Develop qualitative and quantitative tools for monitoring and evaluation, including tools for data collection
- Identify data collection sources and oversee the process collection methods and resources needed and related cost
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the department in the development of M&E systems, tools and procedures and in the implementation of quality M&E for projects and programmes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E frameworks at strategic and operational (project) levels.
- Support project design, from situation analysis to design, planning and evaluation.
- Support the process of needs assessments, baseline studies, mid-term reviews, final evaluations and other assessments related to programs and projects and ensure dissemination of results with all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare the M&E plan and frameworks for the monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the design of project databases and M&E frameworks documents such as logical frameworks and matrixes.
- Support the monthly reporting of ARDD’s implementation progress and total reach.
- Support the development and progress of automating M&E tools using KOBO, ODK…etc.
- Support the analyses of M&E reports and project narrative reports.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data and monitor the progress of the project activities and quality of implementation against project work plans using appropriate monitoring measures.
- Participate in processing, analyzing and reviewing learning’s, findings and outcomes of projects.
- Identify, articulate and support strategic use of data for programme management and improvement.
- Assess, plan and implement activities to build M&E capacity at different levels, including both ARDD staff and partners, in particular on the use of participatory monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Take part in creating a supportive network of M&E staff to jointly learn from, develop and innovate M&E practice and methodologies..
- Conduct site visits to offices, premises and project implementation sites including ARDD partners site when necessary, in order to observe and verify ongoing project activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or related field.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a Monitoring and Evaluation position, responsible for implementing M&E activities of national and international development projects
- Experience in planning and facilitating training/workshops.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic language skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to process large and complex data.
- Demonstrated writing skills (report writing)
- Experience with rights based participatory M&E approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and team work abilities.
- This position requires high computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications and experience working with mobile data collection programmes such as KOBO, ODK, Power BI, and Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines and targets.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local context and of interaction with local development actors and communities.
How to apply
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: [email protected] Please mention the name of the position Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on the subject of the email.
Applications close 8 April 2021.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline. **