Who we are:
MarketShare Associates (MSA) is a socially-driven global consulting firm. We provide innovative solutions for the private sector, government and civil society to improve, measure, and communicate the economic and social impacts of their investments. We believe market dynamics have a strong impact on how people live their lives. Our vision is to improve economic systems in order to reduce poverty. We recognize complexity and as such, use a systems approach to design solutions that work within dynamic environments.
We take a bespoke approach to every engagement, developing tailored and contextually rooted services for clients across our core service areas:
RESEARCH – Market and Applied Research
PERFORM – Strategic and Adaptive Management
MEASURE – Results Measurement and Evaluation
EMPOWER – Inclusive Business and Economic Empowerment.
Since 2009 we have worked with a wide variety of clients and partners in dozens of countries across six continents.
At MSA, our staff build results measurement systems for development programs, social enterprises and impact investors; research power dynamics and their influence on market behaviors; train client staff to think more systemically about the problems they seek to address; pitch MSA’s services to new potential clients; write thought pieces; and brainstorm new approaches to old problems. Regardless of task, our focus on disrupting the status quo demands critical engagement.
Who we want:
MSA seeks a talented professional with exceptional experience managing a monitoring and evaluation system to join the team in the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor based in Tamale (TBC), Ghana. This position is for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project and is contingent upon successfully winning the tender.
Reporting directly to and working alongside the Chief of Party, the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor will play a critical role in the project’s success. The Lead will guide the project in adopting an experimental, evidence-based approach to project activities, in which monitoring findings rapidly feed into project learning and decision-making. The position will be responsible for setting a culture for adaptive management within the team and implementing the systems that support it. The position will also support the implementation of the results measurement systemand ensuring that project results meet a strong standard for rigor.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Carry out, with support from MSA headquarters, the qualitative baseline of system level dynamics and relationships between actors in the operating environment
· Use methods (e.g., results chains) to articulate the anticipated causal logic of project interventions
· Contribute to the development and periodic updating of the project’s collaborating, learning, adapting (CLA) strategy
· Build the processes and culture in the project to implement the CLA strategy and take an adaptive and predictive orientation
- Develop and apply quasi-experimental and other methodologies for short cycle testing of multiple pilots simultaneously with appropriate statistical rigor
· Drawing from monitoring data and evidence, provide guidance on the design, implementation, and adaptation of innovative market development approaches applied to the various market segments targeted by the program
· Support the implementation of the results measurement system
· Designing appropriate monitoring mechanisms and reporting requirements for all key activities in each component, i.e. against outputs and the program’s Logical Framework (Logframe)
· Program monitoring, including disaggregating relevant indicators
· Fostering effective collaboration among staff and external stakeholders
· Building the processes and culture in the project to take an adaptive and predictive orientation
· Ensuring the quality of the data being collected and reported
· Conduct and/or support analyses and evaluations of interventions and the target market systems
· Package and disseminate learning to key stakeholders
· Establish a knowledge management system that supports project learning
· Minimum five years of experience applying M&E methods and approaches
· Experience using results chains or other methods to visualize intervention theories of change
· Excellent quantitative skills with a very good grasp of statistical methods and small-N designs
· Strong ability to design and conduct qualitative research that addresses project learning priorities
· A passion for learning, investigation and for working in economic development
· A positive, collaborative attitude
· Familiar with private sector development, market systems facilitation and/or other economic development approaches (e.g., economic strengthening, inclusive business)
· Ability to build the capacity of colleagues and partners in monitoring
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills
· Excellent ability to collaborate with and influence colleagues to ensure that monitoring findings are used
· Capacity to take initiative and be a self-starter
· Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Experience with agricultural market systems
· Experience working on USAID-funded projects or other bilateral or multi-lateral funded projects
· Graduate degree
· Experience applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement
Other information: **
This position is contingent upon award and funding of the program by USAID.
How to apply
Please apply as soon as possible if interested. To apply, please send a CV and maximum 1 page cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate the position title, “MEL Advisor, Ghana” in the subject line of your application email. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.