Please find the full TOR under this link: https://www.unhcr.org/admin/jobs/60633e228a4/multi-country-strategic-eva…
The evaluation will be undertaken by a team of qualified independent evaluation consultants, comprising of at least a Team Leader and one Team Member. Bidders should propose names/CVs of Team Leaders and Team members in their proposal. Evaluation Teams are expected to demonstrate evaluation expertise as well as regional expertise and experience in Northern Europe, with excellent understanding of UNHCR’s protection mandate and operational platform, and good knowledge of issues pertaining to inclusion of Refugees and of the policy and legal issues related to refugee protection in Europe and some or all of the 8 countries under review. The Evaluation Team will be willing to consider travelling to the countries under review should travel restrictions and the evolving Covid-19 pandemic allow for it.
Evaluation Team Leader
• A post-graduate or master’s degree in social science, development studies, international relations or economics plus a minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian response settings and/or development interventions.
• Minimum of 7 years of evaluation experience with demonstrated ability in mixed research methodologies, and an excellent understanding of humanitarian/development country operations. Experience in evaluation in humanitarian or development settings preferred
• Proven experience in successfully leading an evaluation team and managing fieldwork in complex environments.
• Proven track record in leading (preferable) or participating as a senior team member in previous large-scale evaluations, preferably country portfolio evaluations, commissioned by a large development, donor, or humanitarian agency.
• Institutional knowledge of UNHCR’s protection mandate and operational platform.
• In-depth knowledge of and proven experience with various data collection and analytical methods and techniques used in evaluation and operational research.
• Experience in generating useful and action-oriented recommendations to senior management and programming staff.
Evaluation Team Member
• A post-graduate or master’s degree in social sciences, development studies, international relations, or economics plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience ideally in humanitarian and/or development settings.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience supporting quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis for evaluation purposes (preferable) or operational research in humanitarian and development settings.
• Good knowledge of protection programming and advocacy strategies, relevant analytical frameworks and programming approaches and standards.
• In depth knowledge with various data collection and analytical methods and techniques used in evaluation and operational research.
• Proven expertise in facilitating participatory workshops involving different groups and participants.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
EVALUATION TEAM SELECTION CRITERIA
Individual consultants will be shortlisted based on the criteria above. Applicants who apply as a team will receive additional points in the selection process. Scoring in the selection process will be done on an individual basis and the Evaluation Service reserves the right to select the final team composition.
How to apply
Interested applicants* must submit the following documents:
• Motivation letter (1 page) outlining why they are a suitable candidate (or team) for the consultancy, and what their proposed methodological approach would be to the evaluation.
• A written sample of a previous evaluation, review, report or publication of any kind in which they were a (co) author.
Applications should be sent to Evaluation Service [email protected] indicating the title of the evaluation and the position they are applying for (Team Leader, Team Member, or Team application) e.g.
“Application Country Strategy Evaluation Northern Europe Multi Country Office– Team Leader”.
Please note that applications without the correct PHF form will not be considered. Applications will not be acknowledged. Short-listed applicants may be requested to participate in a video/ telephone interview, a written exercise. Only successful candidates/ teams will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is Thursday, 15 April 2021, 12 p.m. (CET).