Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include cardiovascular health, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific; Our overdose prevention program was our first initiative in the United States. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Vital welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment.
The Multimedia Manager will tell the organization’s story, grow our online digital brand and presence, and increase the impact of our health campaigns. The position will focus on creating multimedia products, with a primary focus on video. The position is based in New York City. Applicants must possess valid work authorization to work in the U.S. at the time of hire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop informative, engaging video content for use on our digital channels including social media and our website
- Provide end-to-end video development, from creative concept, production, editing and posting across our digital channels
- Monitor video content performance and engagement across our digital channels to guide future focus on the most successful types of content
- Support key announcements, launches and events with video and multimedia assets
- Consult with leads within our public health programs to develop explainer videos, interviews with experts, event recaps and more, for use on our website and social media
- Oversee filming of spokespeople, including our staff, to support campaign announcements and events
- Ensure high quality consistency of multimedia products, including adherence to our design and branding standards
- Provide support to our in-country campaigns and staff, as required, with multimedia products
Education and Degree
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience
Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of video production, motion graphics, and 6-7 years’ experience in editing digital and multimedia products
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. at time of hire
- Proficient in professional video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Excellent project management skills. Able to work quickly, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Experienced communicator, able to explain complex stories and ideas through compelling video and multimedia content
- Current with existing and emerging video trends and styles and content delivery platforms
- Ability to think creatively and conceptualize new ideas
- A team player and quick learner
- High attention to detail
- Minimum of 6 to 7 years experience in editing digital and multimedia products
- Prior work with a non-profit organization preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Travel requirements – occasional international travel may be required
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Vital Strategies Career page on our website. The closing date for applications is April 17, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application link: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=VITAS…