Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The COVID-19 pandemic is an extraordinary situation of unprecedented scale & severity with a global public health concern. RCCE technical working groups were developed under leadership of NCDC, co led by our client with participation of other UN agencies & INGOs to support raising awareness & social mobilization, in order to achieve the target of minimizing the spread of the virus, highlighting the importance of following the personal protective measures & increasing the public acceptance to the COVID-19 vaccination campaign, which the country is embarking on, to prevent COVID-19 associated morbidity & mortality.
- Our client together with other partners is supporting the NCDC in implementing a national deployment plan for the COVID-19 vaccine & is leading 1 of the taskforces which is responsible for demand creation & acceptance for COVID-19 vaccination & awareness on prevention comprehensive package of interventions with special focus on quality & coverage of NCDC vaccines nationwide. Promotion of precautionary measures to prevent transmission of virus & achieve high vaccine coverage with particular focus on the high risk groups.
Under the guidance & supervision of the Director MoH, the consultant will:
- Scale up dissemination of key messages on importance of COVID-19 vaccination with focus on high risk population.
- Dispelling rumors & manage large volume of false information by monitoring of social media, to collect data, analysis source & respond effectively.
- Regularly updating QA on social media, radio & other platforms.
- Write, edit & proofread a variety of communications materials, such as interviews, flyers, leaflets, booklets & updates.
- Create & design visual content such as infographics, graphics & videos using the appropriate software.
- Act as media / communications focal point for MOH / our client.
- Effective use of MOH official FB page, to communicate key messages & responding to public concerns.
- Establish linkages with communities on radio & TV (live sessions).
- Update on national vaccination coverage data.
- Respond to any adverse effects following vaccination AEFV, follow up, respond & continuously monitor.
- Any other relevant duties as & when needed.
- This role will work under the guidance & supervision of the Director MoH.
- This role doesn’t have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential) and/or Africa (essential).
- University Degree or Higher Diploma in Media, Social Science, Public Health, Business Administration, Linguistics or related fields.
- Knowledge & experience in undertaking remote trainings.
- Quality oriented, creative, able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with diverse groups of people in emergencies an asset.
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in public health / social sector analysis & reporting.
- Strong communication in written & oral in Arabic & English with specific skills in undertaking training & vaccine management.
Other relevant information:
- The payment / fee for 6 months will be paid once upon completion of daily attendance time sheet, approved by the supervisor with final report outlining the progress against agreed deliverables.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: