NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
About DKT International:
DKT International is the leading contraceptive social marketing organization whose core mission is the provision of safe and affordable options for family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention. DKT International is one of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products in the developing world, with a presence in over 50 countries. DKT began operations in Kenya in 2017 and currently markets and sells a variety of products under three brand categories: Kiss Condoms, Lydia Contraceptives, and Kare Maternal Health products. DKT is a dynamic, growing, entrepreneurial and health-minded organization where individuals can make a difference in improving the lives of people.
Role Profile: **
The candidate will work as National Sales Manager with the primary responsibility to develop and deploy effective commercial sales strategies that ensure achievement of business goals in Kenya.
The individual will be responsible for direction and supervision of the salesforce in order to surpass company targets and must ensure operational excellence. The individual will ensure customer service excellence and will lead development and management of business relationship with distributors, customers, and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be an individual that is highly driven, strategic, and process & detail oriented with a focus on achieving results and leading effective teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for and manages sales function, with direction and supervision of the salesforce
· Develop and implement effective distribution strategies that ensure operational excellence and achievement of business goals and sales targets.
· Responsible for driving sales and business growth, maximizing ROI, and ensuring accountability for achieving business goals and revenue targets.
· Planning and execution of both short- and long-term strategies of the organization to ensure achievement of sales and revenue targets.
· Grow DKT’s sales volumes, revenues and profitability year on year.
· Effective coordination with sales, marketing, and executive teams to ensure smooth functioning.
· Oversee market development, identify new market opportunities, and determine optimal pricing structure to balance profitability with customer satisfaction.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly presentation of the overall achievement of the business with plans on how to improve the performance; conduct continuous analysis and scrutinize data to identify areas for growth.
· Effective leadership and salesforce team management, including to establish systems that ensure salesforce efficiency and effectiveness
· Optimize and standardize field sales methods in order to ensure performance and continuous growth.
· Design and implement rigorous reporting and monitoring systems to ensure full compliance of the salesforce and timely reporting of sales achievements
· Assign sales targets effectively among salesforce to ensure achievement of overall targets.
Distribution and Coverage:
· Effective management of distributors
· Directly manage the National Pharmaceutical Distributors, Key Accounts, and National NGO sales; indirectly manage national customer network through salesforce.
· Develop coverage plans and expansion plans by territory and channel
· Ensure 100% execution of company’s product distribution strategy, campaigns, customer coverage and customer service strategy in each channel and territory.
· Outline distribution, productivity and drop size targets and manage such targets through monthly reporting and KPI tracking.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate customer marketing strategy
· Ensure clear channel segmentation and strategy, along with execution
· Design and effectively implement trade marketing and trade promotional plans to enhance trade and store presence; cascade plans to sales and marketing teams
· Contribution to senior leadership strategic planning and business development
· Contribution to consumer marketing plans and effective coordination with marketing function
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 15 years of sales experience with at least 5 years experience in a senior managerial/supervisory role (preferably with experience in the pharmaceutical industry). Past experience with distribution of contraceptive products in Kenya strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience effectively managing large and diverse sales teams
· Proficiency in CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
Skills & Competencies
· High level of initiative and drive, results oriented
· Demonstrated senior leadership experience, including decision-making and final accountability for results.
· An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics and departmental reports
· Strong command of salesforce administration, including reporting requirements, supervision techniques, KPIs, and performance monitoring.
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective route-to-market and trade marketing strategies
· Having a strong sense of accountability, responsibility and commitment to one’s duties
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to handle pressure and thrive in a deadline and target-focused role
Suitable candidates to send their application and resumes indicating expected salary to [email protected];