The candidates MUST have the authorization to work in the USA.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake flight management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as leading teams as they meet and assist flights, meeting and assisting small group and individual arrivals, organizing transit and ground transportation, undertaking air ticket validation procedures and completing administrative duties. As required, monitor and guide teams of Operations Clerks and Operations Assistants in completing flight management activities.
- In coordination with the Senior Operations Assistant or Operations Associate, lead flight management teams as they meet arriving flights; independently meet arriving individuals and groups; brief arrivals on procedures, escort them to the immigration area, quality check relevant paperwork, assist arrivals through procedures and ensure Customs and Border Protection (CBP) stamps all relevant documents; guide the distribution of hotel, transportation and meal vouchers; monitor the processing of Miscellaneous Charges Orders (MCOs); and ensure arrivals have the support they need during transit. Communicate with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and resolve issues as they arise in coordination with the Senior Operations Assistant.
- Ensure arrivals are escorted to their connecting flights, ground transportation or hotel in a way that is efficient and effective. Communicate with airlines as needed and address issues as they occur in coordination with the Senior Operations Assistant. Escort medical cases requiring immediate assistance to the hospital and remain with them as requested by POE management, ensuring all necessary hospitalization documentation is completed and submitted to the Operations Associate, POE ORD.
- Train Operations Assistants, Flight Management, to efficiently and effectively meet and assist flights, assist with ground transportation and transit, undertake air ticket validation procedures, quality check POE-relevant data, provide assistance at hotels and provide interpretation services.
- Assist with the preparation of flight folders and packages, domestic bookings sheets, lanyards, DTE envelopes, promissory notes and US customs declarations; mail travel packets after CBP processing; and undertake quality assurance checks of POE-relevant data as directed by supervisors; monitor and guide Operations Assistants as they undertake administrative duties.
- As required, provide assistance at hotels for individuals in transit, including for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods; ensure the needs of the individuals are met throughout their hotel stay and communicate promptly with hotel representatives and POE supervisors if issues arise.
- As required, provide interpretation services for arriving refugees or SIV holders, including during their immigration and customs procedures, transfer to a domestic flight or ground transportation, transportation to a hotel, or transportation to final destination.
- As required, certify tickets once flights have departed; update and validate domestic bookings in the Receiving Mission Interface (RMI) based on actual departure details; create and validate Ticket Order Records (TORs) in iGator and update ticket statuses; undertake quality assurance checks of relevant data and report discrepancies between entries and iGator for coordination with IOM NY Accounting; and, as needed, train Operations Assistants to efficiently and effectively assist with air ticket validation procedures and quality assurance checks.
- Provide regular feedback on the work being accomplished by the Flight Management team to the Senior Operations Assistant, Operations Associate and/or National Associate Operations Officer. File incident reports as needed.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in POE-related meetings or training sessions, or to escort individuals transiting to their final destination.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and RMI, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugees, SIV-holders and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all USRAP-related paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules and the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines. Alert the Senior Operations Assistant or POE management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by POE staff members and partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed secondary education required
- Five years of working experience with secondary education; three years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree
- Past POE experience a strong advantage.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and objective drive
Fluency in English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Please submit the resume at
email@example.com by April 2, 2021
The candidate MUST have an authorization to work in the USA.