“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
The HI network is an organisation made up of a Federation (with 2 operational HQs in Lyon and Brussels), 8 national associations (Germany, Belgium, Canada, United States, France, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Switzerland) and the HI Institute on Humanitarian Action. All these entities work concertedly to implement HI’s international aid and development mandate.
The Federation is responsible for implementing the network’s social missions in around sixty countries. It operates under the names “Humanity & Inclusion” or “Handicap International” depending on the country.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 11.7 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6 million IDPs, while over 5 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Eight years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of healthcare in many areas. In large areas of the country, the local economy is in bad shape local populations and IDPs are in need of livelihoods assistance. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
· Currently HI implementing three main projects:
· Rehabilitation of persons with disabilities and functional limitations.
· Mines risk education
· Infrastructure accessibility and inclusive livelihood.
HI is looking for an operations manager for 12 months to ensure the quality management and implementation of program at base level in line with HI project quality framework.
Under the line management of NES Hub Manager, your main responsibilities are:
You manage directly 3 project managers (2 national, 1 international) in health, risk education, inclusion
• You size and plan human resources needs of the projects in the area.
• You recruit and contribute to the professional development, autonomy and well-being at work of the PMs
• You set up a team spirit and team functioning guaranteeing synergies and exchange of good practices between the Project managers and with coordination colleagues.
• You contribute to the professional development and autonomy of PMs
• You embody and transmit HI values, ensure compliance with code of conduct and institutional policies, ensure the expected mind set and behaviours, and disciplinary measures when necessary.
• You animate the daily working interactions between project managers and support teams (technical and shared services, functional link), in order to facilitate project implementation in the area;
• You conduct regular project reviews with project managers and the Programming Manager, TUM, MEAL unit and support services
• You participate to the Hub Senior Management Team conducted by the Area Coordinator / Hub Manager.
You contribute to the development of the Hub’s Operational Strategy / Yearly Planning exercise, and to its implementation and annual monitoring
You implement the project part of the Programme’s Operational Strategy, ensuring the compliance with HI global frameworks, institutional policies and standards. These include: the mandatory reference frameworks such as HI Mission & Values or HI Theory of Change: Access to services, all HI’s institutional policies (Security / Code of Conduct and Safeguarding / Bribery prevention / PME and Project Quality Framework / Age-Gender-Disability)
You ensure sound management and monitoring of projects, in link with the Technical Unit Manager and the MEAL Unit, ensure that HI technical quality standards are applied in the projects, and monitor the implementation of recommendations from support missions, evaluations and donor audits.
You ensure compliance with project donors’ rules and regulations, including visibility: with the support of the MEAL Manager, you deploy all adequate tools that allows financial control and project monitoring, compliance with HI policies and frameworks, and the respect of contractual obligations towards donors
You facilitate internal audits (operational, financial and organizational), and ensure the implementation of their recommendations on his/her responsibility area.
With both operational opportunities and risks in mind, you contribute to the monitoring and analysis made by the Hub Manager, and propose mitigation measures when relevant
You develop external influence of HI (forums, operational & strategic alliances, etc.) and the external representation of the organization
YOUR PROFILE :
· You hold a bachelor or Master Degree in humanitarian/ international relations field
· You have at least 5 years of working experience as humanitarian worker with progressive increase in responsibilities
· You have at least 4 years working experience in managing teams, particularly in project management and base management positions (Project Manager, Field Coordinator, Area Manager)
· You have worked at least 2 years in contexts with security and access challenges
· A Previous experience with HI, in the middle East is a plus
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
The region where HI’s current first base is located is relatively isolated and the trip from the closest international airport in Erbil (Iraqi Kurdistan) to the field base takes around 8 hours by car, including the crossing of an international border.
International staffs live in collective guesthouses with 3 to 6 permanent staff and occasional visitors. Life conditions are good, with well-furnished individual rooms, full-equipped kitchens, ACs and heaters, and terraces/gardens.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation.
We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
· 12 months International contract starting from 1st of June or earlier is possible **
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution ; Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
· Perdiem : 499,67 € net/month – paid in the field ; Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary
· Paid leaves : 25 days per year; R&R : Level 3: 5 days every 6 weeks => + possible transport/package support.
· Position: unaccompanied
· For 12 month mission : Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects ; a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
· Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JDNkXeOb?idpartenaire=136
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.