HIAS seeks a Payroll Officer to maintain payroll and cash receipts. The Payroll Officer will maintain accurate database/records of all payroll and bank transactions and ensure these are properly coded.
- Assist in payroll processing and review preprocess reports.
- Prepare files of employees’ deductions for upload.
- Prepare payroll template for Anybill upload.
- Assist in reviewing W2’s previews at year end.
- Work with project teams to ensure the accurate review of timekeeping and payroll data and the timely approval and submission to our payroll partner.
- Assist in applying for new state and SUI registrations when needed.
- Ensure the timely creation of payroll related journal entries, support account reconciliations of key payroll accounts, and support accounting in month, quarter and year end close activities.
- Support various internal and external audits and produce and analyze payroll reports to address any variances.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and special payroll for hourly and salaried employees.
- Process time sheet corrections.
- Verify, maintain and organize all payroll information and documentation (i.e. new hires, deductions, salary changes, leave processing, contributions, and terminations).
- Process data entry into HRIS and payroll systems.
- Prepare payroll deduction remittances for bargaining units, business partners and providers.
- Process payments, pay corrections, retros, and historical adjustments.
- Compile statistical and period-end reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and reconciling payroll liability accounts
- Maintain employee electronic payroll files.
- Download and clean contributions files from merchant services account, match to Raiser’s Edge reports and funds received in bank accounts.
- Download DMP lockbox contributions reports and match to deposits received in bank accounts.
- Enter match files for contributions into accounting system.
- Download cash receipts reports from Collections and prepare for entry into accounting system.
- Record daily contribution.
- Reconcile disbursement bank account.
- Assist on special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of process improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in payroll and/or accounts receivable.
- Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience with Paylocity and accounting systems required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religious creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, age, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website: https://hias.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1527380&&&nohd…