Project Overview and Role:
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
We pride ourselves on a friendly collaborative culture, with flexible working arrangements.
The In-Country Recruitment Database (IRD) is a platform that will enable each country that partners with the PLF to manage their candidate information, connect their candidates with work opportunities in Australia, and get historical information and data to streamline activities in the future.
The PHP Laravel Developer will, with the rest of the IRD team, work to design, build, deploy, maintain and manage the IRD platform across numerous countries in the Pacific.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a small team (as part of a large international corporate) with another Developer and a Product Manager to scope, build, test and deploy new features, fixing bugs and managing hosting infrastructure for the IRD.
- Writing clean, efficient code using the PHP Laravel framework.
- Managing git repositories, flows and code releases between the development team and PLF’s partners in Pacific countries.
- Utilising databases to create and run data queries and reports.
- Creating, updating, documenting and managing a REST API for use in other applications and integrations.
- Engaging with the Product Manager in sprints planning for product roadmaps, backlog estimation, prioritisation and strategy.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with Laravel PHP development as well as VueJS and Bootstrap.
- Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles and REST API design, Phinx database migrations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context, experience working in a team environment, leasing and cooperating with your team members, peer code reviews, resolving merge conflicts.
- An affinity for agile delivery; particularly in providing small and frequent changes to quickly satisfy emerging business needs.
How to apply
You must have valid Australian work rights to apply for this role. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This is a Brisbane based role. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
Due to the urgent nature of this appointment, we will be reviewing all applications as they are received, and interviews will be arranged for suitable candidates on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately via our website at the following link and not wait for the closing date.
The closing date for applications is 30th April 2021.