Closing date: 13 Apr 2021
The National Syrian Project for Prosthetic Limbs aims to help people who have undergone amputations as a result of Syrian War by providing them with prosthetic body parts and the appropriate rehabilitation. Established in February 2013 by a group of Syrian doctors living overseas, NSPPL is a non-profit organization serving people in Syria and Turkey.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
1- Assess patients’ physical abilities through evaluative procedures :
- Identify physical needs of the beneficiaries by performing a rehabilitation assessment using the Individual Assessment Form.
- To assess functional capacities of the beneficiaries and identify their needs in terms of rehabilitation and mobility aid.
2- Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses.
- Based on the assessment, plan and implement long and short term treatment plan taking into consideration functional activities training (ADLs) in a close collaboration with other team members.
- Plan daily exercise routines that patients can implement for themselves as home exercises.
3- To provide safe and appropriate rehabilitation interventions.
- Provide rehabilitation care according to guidelines and protocols.
- Keep the beneficiary actively involved in planning and understanding the objectives of the intervention plan.
- Before starting a treatment session, check the latest information on the beneficiary’s assessment, if necessary, seek technical advice.
- Take into account contra-indications and precautions related to diverse injuries, illnesses and treatment options.
4- Data reporting and monitoring of the situation and the organizing Daily and weekly activities
- Fill out the session follow up form after each intervention and update the objectives if needed.
- Fill out the intial, discharge forms and all the necessary documents that are used for internal and external reporting.
- Organize your workload through a detailed weekly plan while keeping a balance between identification,assessment and service provision and priorities
- Respect all the internal standards and guidelines
Qualifications & requirements:
- University degree in physical therapy is required
- Experience in the amputee Rehabilitation field is preferable
- Ability to communicate in Arabic and English is preferable
How to apply
If you interested applicant for the position please fill the application form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwA93tx8P8sU8uXX1Yz6O7SCWaDMo5NdRJxdpUUPAjMHpWcQ/viewform?usp=sf_link with the updated CV
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.