The International Lifeline Fund (“Lifeline”) seeks to hire a Program Coordinator to join its D.C.-based leadership team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and multi-talented individual to help guide core operations, oversee programming and make a difference working with an innovative sustainable development organization focused on expanding access to clean water and energy solutions in the developing world.
Position Description: The Program Coordinator supports the in-country Program Teams to ensure that programmatic objectives are met and that Lifeline’s activities grow and evolve in a manner consistent with its long-term ambitions. The Program Coordinator also assists the Leadership team in cultivating strategic partnerships, developing funding opportunities and promoting Lifeline’s activities and achievements within the sector.
· Formulate objectives for all Lifeline Programs in collaboration with Program and Development teams and implement plans to meet stated objectives;
· Review work plans and monthly program reports, assign work to Program teams, and monitoring project life cycles to ensure milestones are met;
· Maintain regular, open and effective communication with in-country staff;
· Review, edit and finalize project reports, providing feedback to project leads and communicating with funders to ensure all requirements are met;
· Ensure that program activity and budget benchmarks are met within their established time frames;
· Provide primary backstopping for each Program;
· Support M&E team in monitoring programs, setting learning objectives and assessing outcomes.
Development & Strategic Partnerships
· Assist the Development Director in identifying industry trends and pursuing strategic partnerships that can maximize Lifeline’s status within the sector;
· Represent Lifeline at professional forums, advocacy/policy working groups, workshops and other events relevant to Lifeline programs;
· Assist in developing and preparing proposals as needed;
· Contribute to thought leadership on organizational strategy.
· Coordinate with Communications, Development and Program teams to ensure timely and relevant messaging that aligns with strategic objectives and implementation plans;**
· Support Communications team in preparation of promotional materials, program summaries and reports.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Demonstrated programmatic experience in the non-profit/humanitarian and/or development/social enterprise sectors, including overseas field experience;
· Demonstrated managerial experience and leadership ability, preferably in the non-profit/humanitarian and/or development/social enterprise sectors.
· Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, collaborate with individuals in a culturally diverse setting and build consensus;
· Superior writing ability with experience in grant/proposal and/or report writing preferred;
· Strong oral communication, advocacy and networking skills;
· Excellent organizational abilities;
· Ability to multi-task while still maintaining a strong sense of focus;
· Experience in quantitative and qualitative M&E a plus;
· B.A. or B.S. from a nationally accredited college or university;
· Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Suite products, Prezi and/or other presentation tools.
How to apply
Please send an email to [email protected] attaching the following documents:
- A cover letter clearly explaining your interest in, and how your experience and abilities makes you suited for, the position.
- A copy of your resume.
Location: Continental United States – Washington, D.C. area preferred