Job Title: Program Coordinator
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The Program Coordinator will support PSI’s operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging administrative and operational support. The Program Coordinator will liaise across PSI including country project teams and global technical and service departments to support project objectives and ensure PSI compliance requirements are met. The Program Coordinator will initially focus on a regional malaria vector control project and then transition to support a regional malaria chemoprevention project focused on prevention of malaria through an intervention called Intermittent Preventive Treatment in infants using sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP-IPTi). The SP-IPTi project is a four year, seven country project that will implement co-designed SP-IPTi pilots, conduct a package of evaluations to generate evidence, and subsequently influence country-level and global policy to lead to the further uptake of SP-IPTi, ultimately reducing malaria cases and mortality in infants under two years old. The Program Coordinator will be a key member of a dynamic and supportive team, with the chance to work across components of the project and opportunities for professional learning and growth.
- Monitors and ensures smooth operational and programmatic execution of components of the designated projects, including monitoring of agreement modifications, workplans and deliverables in coordination with immediate team members, country project team members, and global technical and service departments.
- Provides moderate financial management support, which may include assisting with team budget management, monitoring of labor trackers, preparation and tracking of small budgets, reconciling and re-classing expenses, financial analysis, subaward management, preparing donor invoices, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of team purchasing card.
- Provides support for knowledge management and communications activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, development of communications materials, and administration of online communications site(s). Includes drafting, editing, and coordinating communications materials such as website/blog articles, social media posts, PowerPoints, learning briefs and other communication pieces for in-country as well as global audiences.
- Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio. May include coordinating meetings, note-taking, booking travel, or ad hoc requests for information. Qualifications
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required or Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of related experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to speak and understand French required with a preference for French writing skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Strong quantitative skills, with emphasis on working with budgets and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage diverse workstreams efficiently and effectively.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement:You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty:You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration:You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust:You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment:You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected] or call (202)785-0072.
How to apply
Apply Here https://www.click2apply.net/RD1myLTjL8bes8j6TPda6