We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic person to join our Finance Team in the role of a Program Finance Officer.
Justdiggit (www.justdiggit.org) is a Dutch non-profit organization working on landscape restoration in Africa to make a positive climate impact. We believe in the power of nature and that together, we can cool down the planet. So far, we’ve regreened over 60,000 hectares and brought back 5 million trees in Kenya and Tanzania but we’re not done yet!
In the next 10 years it is our ultimate goal to reach 350 million farmers and inspire & activate them to restore all degraded land on the African continent by combining traditional farming techniques with data and modern technology.
An ambitious mission which we can only achieve with the right team. This is why we might be looking for you!
Justdiggit has been awarded a grant for a large four-year program in Kenya, starting immediately. We are looking for an experienced person to take on all the program accounting and reporting and ensuring all internal processes and procedures are compliant with the funding terms. Furthermore, you will also work on other Justdiggit programs in Kenya and Tanzania.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will report directly to Justdiggit’s Head of Finance and work in close cooperation with the program managers. Your tasks and responsibilities mainly consist of:
- Setting up suitable procedures and implementing new systems (when applicable) that enable a proper program administration;
- Reviewing and consolidating monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy, and providing regular feedback to (program) management;
- Ensuring all financial plans, invoices, reports, and other financial documents and transactions are accurate, timely, and consistent with the funder’s guidelines and regulations;
- Preparing and monitoring budget implementation to ascertain that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted, and corrected; ensuring that key program personnel are aware of budgetary resources and are able to monitor their budgets respectively;
- Performing financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders, and payment requests to ensure compliance with Justdiggit’s policies and procedures and donor grant requirements;
- Overseeing sub grant monitoring and compliance including organizational assessments, review of financial reports/advance requests, and financial tracking; developing sub grant monitoring plans; performing and documenting compliance visits;
- Monitoring burn rates, advising on spend projections, and maintaining and up-dating the status of obligated funds;
- Preparing budget revisions and projections to respond to the needs of the program and donor requirements;
- Tracking, reporting and ensuring proper documentation of match funding;
- Preparing quarterly reports, cumulative life of project report, and any other required donor submissions;
- Managing the reporting component of the award including reconciling timesheets with financial reports; overseeing administrative duties as needed;
- Tracking and reporting the cost share of the project and advising on its documentation;
- Recording and reporting of project assets on monthly basis;
- Preparing all required reports and documentation for the annual program audits;
- Advising on the use of project management tools and techniques.
Required experience and skills
We are looking for an experienced, proactive employee with a ‘can do’ mentality. We expect at least the following:
- You have affinity with Justdiggit’s mission and have a positive attitude;
- You have an understanding of project budgeting, financial reporting, donor reporting and audit requirements, and you have at least four years of experience in a similar role in an NGO;
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in financial accounting, business economics or comparable, a Master’s degree is preferred;
- You are enthusiastic, accurate, flexible, hands-on and passionate about project control;
- You have strong analytical skills, you show initiative and you feel at home in a dynamic environment;
- You are a team player, have great communication skills and can translate complex financial matters in an understandable way (for non-financials);
- You have cross-cultural skills and the ability to work with team members from different cultural backgrounds;
- You are fluent in English.
We offer a challenging and diverse position in an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic organization with great colleagues. We also offer:
- A responsible position in a dynamic and professional organization;
- A monthly salary of up to USD 2,000 per month, depending on experience
- 25 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week);
- A contribution towards the costs of your mobile phone and reimbursement of commuting expenses;
- Good working conditions with the option to work from home for a few days per week;
- Contract until the end of the program (October 31st, 2024 or later in case of an extension of the program) with the possibility to be deployed for other programs afterwards.
How to apply
Justdiggit is committed to building a team that includes and welcomes people of different ethnicities, faiths, genders, sexual orientations, and other diverse backgrounds.
If this position resonates with you and you are convinced that you are a suitable candidate, please send your CV plus motivation letter to [email protected] before 2 April 2021.