Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Manager (PM) – Iraq is responsible for the overall oversight and management of specific grants from start to end and management of the Program team. The PM leads a team, contributes to the design of new programs and serves as the primary liaison with IRI’s Field Office.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Five to Seven years professional experience in democratic governance and politics, preferably working directly with political parties, civil society organizations/NGOs and/or legislative bodies and officials. Experience working on elections and/or managing elections observation programs.
- Working knowledge of the politics, economics, history and culture of Iraq and/or the MENA region and familiarity with the political context.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management experience, including ability to motivate and manage staff.
- Extensive experience working with USG funded projects and familiarity with USG regulations and processes.
- Demonstrated financial management experience in developing and administering program budgets.
- Ability to prepare, present and negotiate complex and sensitive agreements and/or project proposals with bilateral/multi-lateral agencies and other funder communities.
- Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor or technical consultant; sensitivity to working in advisory role with local organizations.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program goals.
- Willingness to travel within the country of assignment a significant amount throughout the year.
- Ability to analyze and report on quantitative and qualitative public opinion research
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on political and related developments in Iraq.
- Leads team to and contributes to the substantive design of new programs.
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive country strategy and program objectives.
- Oversees and is responsible for complete grant oversight of a program portfolio (which can consist of large/several grants), from fulfillment of substantive programmatic objectives to financial and compliance requirements for the life of the grant(s).
- Anticipates potential problems and trouble shoots project problems and offers solutions and actively takes part to lead resolution of them with creative and immediate solutions.
- Supervises staff assigned to the portfolio, including participating in the hiring, professional development and evaluation process for these staff. Sets specific goals and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Serves as primary interface with Resident Program Director(s) and local staff to implement projects.
- Establishes, maintains, and develops productive working relationship with relevant stakeholders, consultants, field and DC staff.
- Ensures that grants are completed on time, within budget, and in full compliance with Funder and IRI policies and requirements, including approving field expenses.
- Maintains an understanding of Funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight and helps advise field and DC staff on these policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Full understands assigned grant’s substantive, financial and compliance requirements.
- Leads kick-off and close-out process.
- Monitors program team’s grant budgets, spending (budget trackers), and offers guidance and assistance when needed, with Program Services support.
- Supports IRI’s external relations efforts.
- Travels as needed for program oversight and implementation; if an immediate need arises deploys on short-to long-term service in a program in the field to maintain continuity of the program.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional).
Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Successful candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to: Program Manager – Iraq | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)