Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Head of UN-Habitat Iraq Programme, the Programme Management Officer – Human Settlements will be assigned to UN-Habitat Erbil Office and be responsible for the following duties:
- Project Management and Implementation
Ensure effective and efficient execution of UN-Habitat projects and management of the project resources through resource mobilization activities, technical guidance, quality, cost control and ensure support of the project resources as per approved project document and substantive work plan; Coordinate overall work plans and budgets; Prepare relevant documentation and reports related to projects; Initiate recruitment of human resources; Liaise with partners to ensure quality and timely delivery of UN-Habitat’s projects and
- Technical Assistance, Advisory Services and Outreach
Review and analyze issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies to develop policies; Provide technical assistance and implementation support to the Government of Iraq/Kurdistan Regional Government, project partners and key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of projects and programmes; Build regional capacity for improved management. Conduct training workshops and seminars; Make presentations to local institutions and government; Provide quality technical input into project activities as well as to national institutions in line with Strategic Framework and the relevant thematic area.
- Representation and Liaising with Key Stakeholders
Take part in resource mobilization, donor relations, and relevant tasks including development of concept notes and project proposals; Manage, develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant national and international partners, stakeholders, and other UN Agencies in the duty station; Participate in the UN Country Team, Humanitarian Country Team and other inter-agency coordination mechanism to represent UN-Habitat; Promote and coordinate active participation of Project Offices in the relevant Strategic Framework; Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the UN-Habitat country programme documents; Support/stimulate the inter-divisional cooperation at country level through the enhanced normative operational frameworks.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in engineering, project management, business administration urban planning, architecture or a related field. A first university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of working experience in the areas related to human settlements, project or programme management and/or development, including at least three at the international level is required.
- Experience in post-conflict areas is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing a team or an office, resource mobilization and donor coordination is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Arabic Language will be an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA 3
Contract duration: 4 months (with possibility of extension)
How to apply
UNOPS Vacancy link:
UNOPS Jobs | Vacancy – Programme Management Officer – Human Settlements