Position Title: Programme Support Officer (PSU)
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 13 April 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCOM) and the direct supervision of the Programme Support Unit (PSU) Coordinator and in close collaboration with the thematic programme unit management, the successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of the Country Office’s (CO)’s resource mobilisation and external liaison functions that respond to new and emerging challenges for IOM Iraq, support the CO’s project development, donor reporting and fundraising actions, and assist in internal co-ordination. S/he will also act as a Community Stabilisation Focal Point in PSU.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide inputs for the development of new programmes/projects that respond to emerging trends and priorities, in close coordination with relevant Program Managers, PSU Coordinator/CoM/DCOM, MENA Regional Office and external partners, in compliance with donor interests and requirements, and IOM procedures and guidance documents.
- Support donor contract management through coordinating the administrative and budgetary aspects of new and ongoing contracts, including assisting with activation, processing, endorsement, records-keeping, and submissions in line with specific IOM internal requirements and procedures.
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation and indicators and coordinate with Programme Managers, CoM/DCOM, and senior management for the drafting of regular progress reports to be submitted to donors, partners and IOM Regional and Headquarters.
- Support fundraising actions by maintaining regular contact with donor relations counterparts, including organizing and attending meetings and field site visits, contributing to the development, review and distribution of project funding submissions/proposals and appeals, and compiling information on donor policies and priorities.
- Assist in the overall integration of Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) outputs in existing and new projects in partnership with the MEAL Unit and Program Managers; and support the development of M&E data collection and quality assurance tools for projects or programs.
- Assist in coordinating the compilation of reports and papers on IOM strategic approaches and priorities for internal and external distribution; and research, draft, and present documents necessary for project development, reporting and donor liaison purposes.
- Undertake regular in-country and field visits in Iraq to assist in coordinating, evaluating, and improving the planning, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects.
- Provide general administrative and technical support in preparation and organization of conferences, meetings, and trainings and other events related to donor and IOM-United Nations liaison, including communication and liaison with donors, counterparts, and the Government of Iraq.
- Support PSU Coordinator where needed to provide information and inputs to the CoM/DCOM, and to liaise with relevant authorities, United Nations agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Government and other stakeholders.
- Keep accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, project development and reporting files and administration information including maintaining the Project Tracking Matrix, SharePoint, and PRIMA files.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience working in an international organization and knowledge of the UN is essential;
• Previous experience with and knowledge of foreign government funding mechanisms is essential;
• Previous work in relevant issues such as migration, livelihoods and job creation strategies, displacement and stabilisation across the Middle East or Iraq is essential;
• Experience in project development, reporting, fundraising and donor relations, project monitoring and evaluation required.
• Good knowledge of programme management cycle;
• Demonstrated project development and report writing skills, including for developing results matrices and logframes, and critical analysis; and,
• Computer skills and knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, word processing etc. is essential.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 April 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 31.03.2021 to 13.04.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2021 75 Programme Support Officer (PSU) (P2) Erbil, Iraq (56918550) Released
Posting: Posting NC56918551 (56918551) Released