The Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) (www.wilpf.org for more information) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) with National Sections covering every continent, an International Secretariat based in Geneva, and a New York office focused on the work of the United Nations (UN). Since our establishment in 1915, we have brought together women from around the world who are united in working for peace by non-violent means and promoting political, economic and social justice for all.**
The Project Administrative Associate will provide administrative support to the Mobilising Men for Feminist Peace Project.
· Review donor contracts and ensure compliance with the terms therein.
· Develop contracts for project partners, consultants, interns and service providers and ensure timely payments to them.
· Maintain careful filing system on Tresorit, ensuring all documents there are up to date and accurate.
2. Project reports:
· Ensure project partners in four focus countries and six local action fund countries know and adhere to project reporting requirements, including especially timely submission of project narrative and financial reports.
3. Internal project planning:
· Keep Tresorit up to date with signed documents and amendments
· Coordinate logistics for team meetings and ensure meeting minutes are taken and disseminated.
4. Planning & internal communication:
· Convene, participate in and take notes for monthly monitoring meetings WILPF/MEA
· Coordinate logistics for quarterly partner meetings, including translation of all materials, preparing meeting minutes in all project languages
· Update DropBox
· Update project planning and communicate timelines to colleagues and partners
5. Budget monitoring and payments **
· Prepare and submit payment request forms (PRFs).
· Issue payment instructions to the finances team and follow up to monitor payment
· Update project budget together with the Senior Grant Officer
· Liaise with the NYC United Nations Office
· Keep Tresorit up to date (file invoices, PRFs)
6. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning: **
· Monitor MEL timeline and deadlines and ensure that project and partners remain on track.
· Check on implementation of MEL plans
· Review and follow up on MEL reports
· Share reporting templates and ensure that they are used
· Reports to donor – update project management framework (PMF) and crosscheck with narrative and financial reports
Interdependences and Reporting
This position reports to the Director of WILPF’s initiative to counter militarised masculinities and mobilise men for feminist peace. The position works closely with the Office Manager in Geneva, the Senior Grant Officer, the Membership Coordinator, and with the communications associate and the Office Manager in the New York office.
Knowledge, Skills Competencies:
· Fluency in written and spoken English and French
· Solid knowledge of MS Office
· Keen interest and commitment in WILPF’s values and mission
· Familiarity with softwares (Microsoft 365, Trello, Slack, Zoom, Mentimeter) and strong communication skills
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Strong communication and service skills
· Be able to work autonomously
· Coordinate multiple projects concurrently and meet critical deadlines
· Develop and maintain accurate records and files
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work, in particular engaging with clients to develop trust.
· Interpersonal skills needed to perform the role well: e.g., relationship or rapport building, communication skills, team leadership, etc.
Education, Languages and Experience:
· Degree in business administration
· Proven experience as a project administrative assistant
· Previous experience in an INGO a plus
Terms: 50% work rate
Gross annual Salary: Between 27’500 CHF-30’000 CHF
Start Date: April, 2021
Length of contract: 10 months
WILPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WILPF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Application for Project Administrative Associate” in the subject for consideration. Please note, that only full applications will be considered.
Applications deadline: 25th April 2021– 23:59 Geneva time