The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the positions of Project Assistant for a regenerative agriculture being implemented in Embu and Makueni Counties of Kenya. Reporting to the Project Officer, the Project Assistant will provide support in the management of the project to ensure that the key project activities, evidence, lessons, success factors and case studies are documented. The Project Assistant will provide technical backstopping to project partners in regenerative agriculture and in documentation of evidence-based data and information that will be used by decision-makers in both the public and private sectors for increased investments in regenerative agriculture
The project assistant will be deployed in the field (Embu or Makueni County) with occasional travel to IIRR’s head office in Nairobi.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Participate in project planning and budgeting.
· Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in implementation of the project.
· Participate in period project surveys
· Review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
· Participate in documenting success stories, lessons learnt, success and failure factors of the regenerative agriculture project
· Support project partners in documenting innovations, success stories, evidence and case studies on key success and failure factors in the promotion and implementation of regenerative agriculture practices.
· Prepare regular and periodic technical reports.
· Assist in the dissemination of knowledge generated from the regenerative agriculture project.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Project Officer
Qualifications & Experience
· At least a degree in agriculture, agriculture economics, agriculture extension or related discipline.
· Technical expertise in regenerative agriculture, climate smart agriculture or natural resources management in agriculture
· At least two (2) years’ working in agriculture development. Knowledge of pulses value chain is an added advantage
· Field experience working with smallholder farmers, farmer organizations and agriculture-based SMEs in capacity building, value addition and linkages to inputs and outputs markets. Experience working in the project contexts (Makueni and/or Embu counties) will be an added advantage
· Excellent skills in documentation of projects’ best practices and learned lessons
· Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
· proficiency in software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Terms of Service
- A contract of 5 months with a possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funds
How to apply
Please submit your application and a detailed CV – with names of three referees and expected salary to email@example.com. Application deadline is Thursday 1st April 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted