Position Title: Project Assistant (Communications)
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Cotabato City)
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 14 April 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Cotabato Sub-office and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, as well as with coordination with the IOM Country Office Communications team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the support to IOM Mindanao programming through the development and management of information, education and communication materials.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Gather, upload, update and maintain the content (text, photos, maps, reports, videos, etc.) of the IOM Mindanao project visibility materials and other related documents.
- Verify the completeness, accuracy and integrity of published contents and relevant data.
- Assist the Head of Sub-office and Programme Officer in the implementation, maintenance and updating of relevant IOM Mindanao information on websites, social media and any other platforms as well as in designing and producing communication materials.
- Liaise, support and coordinate with the country office communications team.
- Participate and assist in communications related work with external entities (such as Mindanao Humanitarian team working groups, other humanitarian/development partners).
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed university degree with at least two years of relevant working experience.
- High school diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design and other graphic software is an advantage.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 1**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this position is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please click this link. https://iomint-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/hrphilippines_iom_int/Ee9ece-DgIlKjSWGD5zgDqwBmVBMbPTmG7pP5nDk1lb_2Q?e=5drjP9
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via [email protected] not later than 14 April 2021. Position title and SVN Number (SVN 008 2021 – Project Assistant (Communications)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.