General Description of Scope of Service:
The PCM consultant will provide technical input on the overall NPA’s Capacity Development Strategy and assist its partners with designing and implementation of capacity development and training activities. S/he will report to the Programme Manager. This position will require travel within Northeast Syria.
The consultant is expected to develop a capacity-building curricula and toolbox with the content that meets the specific needs of the local partners’ staff and is culturally adapted to the Syrian context and the programme sensitivity.
The consultant is expected to:
- Design and facilitate Project Cycle Management/Leadership Development training for approximately 25 participants. The capacity development process will help the participants to:
o Understand institutional aspects of project cycle management and leadership for CSOs;
o Learn how to design, implement, monitor, evaluate and mainstream projects;
o An understanding of the principles of leadership and effective people management as it relates to project success;
o Understand the PCM approach and how to use it to design and implement projects;
o Learn how to build a logical framework or an outcome mapping to link the different stages and put all the main elements into a simple plan;
o Design an effective monitoring and evaluation tools to enable tracking and reportin of results;
o Understand some of the best practices for project management;
o Guidance on strengthening partners management, leadership and team leadership skills.
- Develop and provide relevant materials, tools and training in the area of project management and leadership development to participants.
- Provide NPA with a feedback analysis report from participants on each training.
Skills and Qualifications
NPA is seeking the services of an experienced Consultant who fulfils the following criteria:
- University Degree and/or equivalent professional experience in relevant field;
- At least three years of experience in providing training and coaching;
- Relevant work experience, minimum of three years’ in the same area is required, preferably with an international organization;
- Very strong understanding of project cycle management in international development;
- Previous experience of work in challenging environments, able to work effectively in high-stress and difficult conditions, experience working with at-risk communities, women and youth;
- Systematic and organized in approach, with ability to work on own initiative with consistency, attention to detail, tenacity and the ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to plan and work in a fast-paced and -changing context and flexible to change plans and methods to suit changing needs and circumstance;
- Ability to adapt existing knowledge and training materials to local culture and context;
- Ability to engage local partners in project activities’
- Ability to motivate local partners, developing a close respectful professional relationship and rapport;
- Working knowledge of Syria and a good understanding of its social, political, and economic context.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Written & verbal proficiency in English and Arabic;
- Willingness & ability to travel and work in NES.
- The basis for payment and payment scheduling will be determined during contract negotiations;
- The Consultant is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid;
- Accommodation and transportation for the consultancy days in NES are the responsibility of the NPA.
How to apply
Interested and qualified consultants can submit their applications, including a detailed proposal highlighting the consultancy plan and budget, along with their CV and track record related to similar consultations.
Applications should be sent via email to HRiraqsyria@npaid.org with “PCM Consultant” in the subject line no later than March 25th 2021. Successful applicants will be invited to a meeting with NPA to discuss the proposed consultancy process and budget.