USAID is launching the five-year Rural Water Research and Learning Activity with the intention of expanding the evidence base for rural water services, increasing use of findings to inform rural water policy and programming in collaboration with partners, in order to increase the availability and sustainable management of safe water for the underserved and most vulnerable. Designed to complement other USAID/Washington WASH research and learning activities, it will focus on implementation research related to (1) the professionalization of rural water services; (2) systems for rural water quality monitoring; and (3) improving planning for water resources. It will place an emphasis on working with local institutions and stakeholders to ensure uptake and use of research findings.
SI is seeking a full-time Project Director (PD) to provide overall strategic direction, managerial, and technical leadership to ensure the achievement of the Activity objectives and ensure success. The PD will be based in Washington, DC.
- Provide strategic vision, technical leadership, and guidance for the Activity.
- Provide high-level management of the consortium of partners under this Activity.
- Serve as SI’s primary point of contact with USAID on a regular basis and represent the activity before USAID implementing partners (IPs) and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including sub-contractors, government officials, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic institutions and community groups for smooth implementation.
- Provide oversight and supervision of all long and short-term personnel by acting as a mentor and ensuring appropriate training and human resource planning.
- Facilitate the development of quarterly and annual Activity work plans and budgets and ensure the timely submission and quality of all activity reports, materials, and publications, compliant with the contract agreement.
- Ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for coordinating closely with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to ensure that the Activity reaches its intended research and learning goals.
- Be a thought leader in WASH by representing the Activity at conferences, meetings and in other forums to achieve dissemination goals, maintain networks and awareness of gaps and new developments in the WASH sector.
- Master’s degree in engineering, public health, business, behavioral science, planning or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated technical expertise, including in research programs, with substantial developing country context experience in the WASH sector. Specific experience with rural water service delivery and water resource management preferred.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in a management or leadership position in international WASH or other relevant development program context.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project of this magnitude and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team and a wide range of government and civil society counterparts and donor partners.
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting diverse research methods, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate program findings effectively in a variety of forums and to diverse audience including through peer-reviewed publications and Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA).
- Excellent oral and written communication in English. Additional language skills (particularly in French or other languages spoken in WASH priority countries) would be an added asset.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA…