Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Management Support- Specialist, will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day-to-day operations and implementation of the projects under the Office. He/she maintains a close eye on the operational and financial performance, identifies probable issues that may need attention, supports in problem analysis and solution identification as necessary, coordinate resolution as per action-items assigned, drafting required correspondences to stakeholders concerned and preparation of project reports.
- Project Implementation
- Financial and procurement management
- Stakeholder management, coordination and liaison
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Development and Planning
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21348
- A Master’s Degree in Project Management, Finance, Business Administration or related field (e.g. International Relations) is required;
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of at least 5 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management with experience of successful implementation and/or oversight of programmes and projects is required;
- Previous experience of working within a Complex programme environment will be an asset;
- Detailed knowledge of UNOPS’ project management tools, UNOPS financial and procurement rules and regulations, and financial management tools will be an asset;
- Strong experience with data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems is an asset;
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable;
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable;
- MSP certification (Foundation and/or Practitioner) will be an asset;
- Experience in Google Suite applications will be an asset.
- Excellent command of English language (oral and written) is required;
- Knowledge of Portuguese language(oral and written) is required.