ChildFund International (Childfund) invites qualified candidates to apply to the following position in a human rights project to provide sub-grants and capacity building activities to civil society and community-based organizations in Guatemala and in 2 additional Latin America and the Caribbean countries.
The project will benefit organizations and groups whose leadership and membership are mainly disenfranchised populations, e.g. religious minorities, women, LGBTI persons, persons with disabilities, racial and ethnic minorities, and indigenous communities. The project will be operational in Guatemala and in two additional countries.
The project will be funded by the Department of State of the United States Government. Issuance of employment contracts are subject to the award of the project by the donor agency.
· He/she will lead and manage project activities and staff (including sub-grantee staff assigned to the project).
· S/he will have primary responsibility for representation of the project to the donor and other US-based and international stakeholders.
· He/she will be responsible for the timely, accurate and complete submission of all project deliverables required by the donor.
· Approximate 20% of international travel time (depending on covid-19 travel restrictions).
· At least 10 years of professional experience, with at least 5 years as a senior manager or director of donor-funded human rights and development programs.
Working experience with the donor entities of the US Government (e.g. USAID, Department of State, Department of Labor) will be preferred.
· Training and/or experience on human rights programs as applied to disenfranchised populations.
· Demonstrated ability to engage government and other stakeholders (private sector, local and international NGOs, bilateral and multilateral development agencies).
· Extensive experience working with sub-grantees and with field-based operations across multiple countries.
· A Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Social Welfare, Institutional or Organizational Development, International Management, Public Administration or related field. (higher academic degrees are preferred but not required).
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: *This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.***
How to apply
Applications only through link: