ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Paris, founded in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency.**
Start Date: 20th April 2021
The WASH Project manager will manage WASH activities in camps in his designated area. He/She will ensure projects follow up and technical support to the field team. **
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
WASH Projects Coordinator
- Chief WASH Engineers
- Hygiene Promotion Officer
- WASH officers.
- Data base officer.
- Area Logistics
- Area Admin HR/ finance
- PR department
- AME Department
Local actors, stockholders, contractors, and suppliers.
Provide day to day management of WASH activities implemented from Qah office, mainly WASH in camps during the project planning and implementation providing operational management. And to ensure the quality of implementation, accountability, and transparency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Introduce different project activities and plans to the field team.
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
2. Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation.
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team including regular staff meetings, and coordination meeting with other departments like AME and Logistics.
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan in collaboration with the WASH Projects Coordinator.
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, and following up on Data bases and project inputs.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED and humanitarian technical guidelines and standards.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
3. Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Insure that BoQs and costs estimates submitted form WASH team are accurate.
- Aid on financial tracking for the implemented activates.
- Follow up on developing all Project OF / BoQs and ToRs.
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner.
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario.
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable.
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with WASH Projects Coordinator.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics.
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Ensure project records and documents (Flat files, beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets etc) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures.
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct and FLATS procedures.
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided.
Key Performance Indicators
- 95% of Planned activities are implemented in the project time frame.
- 90% of OFs and BoQs are raised from the base are on time and accurate.
- 80% of technical evaluation are conducted within 3 Days period and submitted to Logistics.
- Attending and delegate in case on leave to attend the WAM meeting and provide all program update and the next week plans.
- 75% of all WASH complaints are followed up within 15 Days.
- 100% of all completion certificates and WASH activities logbooks are prepared and raised for logistics by the first week of each month.
- 100% of the program documentation produced at the base level are scanned and shared on ACTED share point, and properly archived.
- 100% of the data base input are up to date by the 3rd Day of each month for the monthly report drafting.
- 100% of new juniors had received WASH / Qah program induction within 15 Days of joining ACTED Qah base.
· University degree in engineering in a relevant field,
· Project management experience in emergency and/or development minimum of 1 Years in a managerial position.
· Extensive experience with NGOs in the field of WASH and or Shelter Minimum of 3 years combined.
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Civil or mechanical engineering.
· Past job experience in camps settings
· Received trainings in PMD
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply