Action Network for the Disabled (ANDY) is a National Disabled Persons Organization (DPO) working at all levels of community with the involvement of persons with disabilities to bring about positive change. We were founded by and for children and youth with disabilities in Kenya.
ANDY is seeking a project officer for a ONE YEAR FIXED TERM to undertake the following roles and responsibilities;
- Research, apply and promote diversity initiatives and share best practice.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and workshops to stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Be the point of contact for persons with disability and ensure they are fully integrated into the project.
- Assist in mobilization of project participants – liaising with the other project staff and partner organizations or institutions.
- Work with the project partners to assess skills gap regarding disability inclusion and help address these areas with the relevant partners and project staff.
- Contribute to effective data collection for the purposes of evaluating and monitoring the project.
- Be a voice for youth with disability within the organization and relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Engage with employers to ensure inclusivity at the workplace, conducting workshops for employers and inform on accessibility standards.
- Contribute to fundraising initiatives for additional activities related to the project or organizational vision.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time by the Executive Director.
· MUST BE A YOUTH WITH A DISABILITY RESIDING IN NAIROBI (18 YEARS -35 YEARS)
· More than 2 years’ work experience in a similar position within a Nongovernmental organization
· Able to communicate effectively and efficiently in English
· Able to write and proofread narrative reports
· Team player who can work with minimum supervision
· Undergraduate degree in Social studies, development studies and/ or a diploma with over 2 years’ experience in project management
The monthly salary of this position is between Ksh 65,000 – Ksh. 70,000 per month
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the requirements and would like to join ANDY kindly submit a motivation letter and resume stating how your experience and skills meet the criteria and the desirables above to [email protected] before 26th March 5PM. Kindly note that your motivation letter and resume should be sent as ONE PDF document not exceeding 3 pages.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted on 30th March 2021