We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Proposal Writer – USAID or Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Reports To: PD/Principal
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Write proposal content, including technical sections, management and staffing sections, resumes, and executive summaries.
- Review and edit sections drafted by other contributors.
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive passage.
- Ensure final submission is compliant with donor regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
- Work with IBTCI staff to formulate content for technical and/or non-technical sections.
- Provide the first and second draft(s) for an anticipated technical approach section/volume.
- Provide technical insight and input across all elements that inform the technical approach, including appropriate levels of effort and staffing structure(s), work-planning, execution of activities, partnering, and overall responsiveness to the requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the proposal team during review sessions.
- Incorporate all revisions of the technical draft(s) and prepare the second draft for review.
- Attend meetings, review sessions, and otherwise coordinate with IBTCI staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in proposal writing for international development contracts.
- Experience preparing international development proposals for USAID or CDC
- Proven technical writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant topical area and/or international relations, business, communications, public health or other technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).