Equal Access International (EAI) – a non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Washington, D.C. – partners with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bilaterals, multi-laterals, foundations, and individual donors, EAI has a 20-year record of accomplishment implementing social change projects and currently operates in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Kenya, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, and the Philippines.
PROJECT OVERVIEW: EAI is seeking proposal writers on a short-term consultancy basis to support new business opportunities, and EAI’s response to various proposals in Asia and West Africa. The consultant will work closely with EAI’s Business Development team to design and develop technical program narratives and other proposal sections, as requested. The consultant will produce a high-quality proposal that is compliant with donor requirements, technically clear and accurate, and adheres to EAI style. The consultant must have progressive experience serving as lead technical writers in response to comprehensive proposals funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.K.’s Department for International Development (DFID), other USG or non-USG donors. The consultant must have demonstrated experience writing winning proposals in response to competitive and large-scale bids, preferably in the fields of media, peacebuilding, CVE, SBCC, gender, civic engagement, anti-corruption.
● Support the development of competitive technical applications by contributing to the technical design and leading the drafting of technical narratives
● Conduct country, technical, and industry research and analysis, including value chain analysis, as appropriate in support of technical design
● Facilitate technical design and logframe sessions
● In collaboration with EAI’s Business Development team, identify and persuasively articulate win themes in the technical application
● Participate in bid team, partner, and stakeholder meetings as needed
● Substantive editing: Reorganize material, add or delete information, revise major sections of text, and ask authors to address questions and concerns
● Copy editing. Revise the text to make it clear, concise, correct, consistent, and coherent. Ensure the flow between sections and follow guidance provided in the EAI style guide and any specifications in the solicitation
● Write and/or edit supportive documents needed for proposals including capability statements, past performance references, work plans, and background information on the relevant subject areas as needed
● Liaise with technical experts, both in-country and in Washington, DC, to ensure the accuracy of content; with graphic designers to improve the presentation of information; with editors to incorporate their feedback; and with other communications experts to ensure compliance with organizational processes for preparation and approval of materials
● Ensure a smooth proposal development process and adherence to proposal timelines
● Proven track record of success writing competitive, high-value proposals, and complex bids
● Demonstrated experience in project design
● At least 6 years of international development experience required, knowledge of technical areas such peacebuilding, CVE, media, SBCC, gender, civic engagement, anti-corruption preferred
● Demonstrated technical writing and editing skills appropriate for competitive proposal submissions
● In-depth knowledge of donor priorities in West Africa and Asia
● Proficiency in English
● Demonstrated skill in using terminology and concepts related to international development issues
● Ability to synthesize technical information and data to create engaging and compelling text while maintaining technical accuracy and adhering to strict page limitations
● Ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and negotiate timelines
● Experience with U.S. Government procurement policies, procedures and mechanisms (such as Contracts, Cooperative Agreements, etc.) for international development activities
AVAILABLE RESOURCE MATERIALS:
EAI will provide the consultant with necessary documents. While EAI will provide some background documents, the consultant is also expected to identify and use resources via electronic and print media and solicit additional information and resources, as appropriate.
TRAVEL: The consultant is not expected to travel.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The period of performance for this Scope of Work is from March 22, 2021 through September 30, 2021, with the possibility of extension, depending on need.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV/daily or hourly rate, and indicate your proposal writing experience to: [email protected] with “Proposal Writing Consultant” in the subject line of the email.