A day in the life of a Protection Technical Lead
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well a special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to prayer for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
- Leads Protection/Safeguarding program coordination and monitoring by identifying protection and safeguarding related technical gaps in program and service delivery models and devises solutions to meet those gaps, including modifying and contextualizing existing training resources and developing SOPs.
- Ensures safeguarding and other related risks are assessed, monitored, promptly reported, and escalated in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse policies and other related global standards. Guides processes for gender-related protection considerations to be mainstreamed across all program activities. Builds a culture of shared responsibility for safeguarding staff and beneficiaries.
- Develops targeted, tailored protection and safeguarding capacity building plans for Samaritan’s Purse staff, ensuring that training and capacity building meet the highest standards and responds to the respective needs of Samaritan’s Purse and its partners. In collaboration with HR, ensures training attendance records are maintained and that training plans are rolled out across all service locations
- Promotes understanding of safeguarding standards by all staff and all people associated with Samaritan’s Purse and provides access to resources to ensure safeguarding issues are identified and actioned in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse policies and procedures. Ensures opportunities are in place for safe, confidential reporting and community feedback with mechanisms to ensure accountability.
- Manages safeguarding incidents as needed.
- Supports proposal development and design
The Protection Technical Lead coordinates and supports implementation of Samaritan’s Purse safeguarding (PSEA) and protection policies, including updating and operationalizing PSEA requirements and procedures. This role ensures ongoing capacity building and awareness raising on PSEA issues, meeting internal reporting requirements, and managing cases of specific incidents as required. The Protection TL also ensures safeguarding/protection topics are mainstreamed in program design and proposals so that high-quality interventions are integrated into all programs. This role collaborates with other departments/units in South Sudan and at International Headquarters (IHQ).
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of international standards and instruments related to protection
- Ability to communicate in Arabic is preferred
- Highly effective presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of the context and challenges that the implementation of protection standards present in the context of South Sudan
- Intermediate knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A degree in law, social work, or other relevant field with academic or direct programming experience/expertise in safeguarding, PSEA or child protection and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a safeguarding or PSEA focused role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working on gender-based violence issues and providing technical guidance on protection/gender analysis assessments is preferred. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies is strongly preferred.
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: Fluent verbal and written English language is skills are required
Travel Expectations: Regular travel to remote field sites
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
- Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please go to: