Infrastructure is an operational unit in IOM Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The unit is integral to the Rohingya Refugee Response implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) with funding from various international donors. The Infrastructure Unit activities include site planning, medium-complexity infrastructure projects, primarily health and community facilities, roads, bridges, and various types of site rehabilitation works, including drainage, pedestrian access, earth stabilization and installation of solar street lighting throughout the camps and ‘out of camp’ sites in Cox’s Bazar District, Bangladesh.
Under the overall supervision of the Infrastructure Coordinator and direct supervision of the Project Officer – Infrastructure, the successful candidate will assist the implementation of the programme, including but not limited to engineering design and construction support for new site development works; existing site enhancement works and small to medium scale community building projects.
- Assist the Project Officer – Infrastructure on technical aspects of IOM construction works in the specified technical area, including assessment, design, Bill of Quantity (BoQ) calculation, work scheduling, tendering, technical specification, monitoring and evaluation, and contract administration.
- Prepare civil designs for small to large scale areas, with the guidance of the Project Officer Infrastructure. Civil designs include (but not limited to), health and community facilities, drainage, hydraulic analysis, culvert design, large scale cut/fill, quantity take offs, retaining wall and road design.
- Undertake regular field visits to all ongoing construction project sites and take necessary action to achieve quality standard of engineering design.
- Contribute to the management of construction projects to ensure quality completion is on time and within budget by utilizing and applying professional skills and knowledge in project management and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide guidance on quality control and other technical areas to the technical support staff in the field.
- Prepare periodic reports on various aspects of projects including but not limited to work progress, financial, quality control, schedule compliance, technical and recommendations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of design standards, monitoring mechanisms, quality assurance mechanisms, and construction specifications in respective technical fields.
- Participate in the tender evaluation process including assessment of bidders’ qualifications, competency, and experience, and in analyzing and reviewing the quoted unit rates and specifications against IOM-prepared cost estimates and specifications.
- Ensure accurate record keeping, construction inspections, and quality audits. Ensure that drawings and records of actual quantities maintained are kept up to date and variations and addendums are issued correctly.
- Support project close out and final inspection and acceptance of completed projects.
- Provide necessary information and documentation for the preparation of project reports to the donor and proposals for IOM to contact potential donors.
- Perform management support activities for multiple construction projects in many remote locations by working with multi-disciplinary projects teams consisting of architects, engineers, construction managers, construction contractors, cash-for-work groups and non-profit implementers in planning, organizing and implementing projects
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
How to apply
Candidates with the required qualifications can apply through email by mentioning the reference code CON-01/2021/C – BD1 (Consultant- Construction Engineer) in the subject line to: [email protected] with the following documents:
(i) Application Letter/Cover Letter
(ii) Curriculum Vitae
(iii) Personal History Form (PHF) which can be downloaded from the IOM Dhaka website: https://bangladesh.iom.int**
(iv) Scan copy of Photo