NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in hard to reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
We are looking to fill the role of Regional Head of HR who would be responsible for HR management in the region promoting learning and a cost conscious culture while maintaining a high focus on quality. The Regional Head of HR has the overall responsibility for the strategic development of HR in the region.
- Ensure region-wide compliance to organization structure and offer advice on organizational structure process;
- Help countries with the correct organizational structure, size and number of staff etc;
- Conduct country visits to ensure that all countries comply with HR requirements;
- Lead the disciplinary process for international staff in collaboration with Global HR;
- Provide guidance on the overall benefits and compensation for national staff as well as ascertain the quality of country analysis;
- Drive Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts in the region;
- Take accountability for ToE in place in all countries in the region as well as the Regional office;
- Support design and implementation of global HR initiatives;
- Oversee the duty of care to staff.
- Master’s degree in Human resources management;
- At least 5 years’ experience as Regional Head of Human resources. In addition, minimum of 3 years in country human resource management;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic and French will be an added advantage.
For the full job description please use this link. https://norwegianrefugeecouncil.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/JDsforNRCPeople/EfPkYnunc_1Gh4Qn4RY-cl8BXkEgU4Oxzvyr2aS2By_I_A?e=rdTy5y
How to apply
Apply Here https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/601